4/5- White Sox @ Royals 1:10 PM CT

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 07:38 PM)
Abreu with a horrible approach against Chen. All of the righties are going up there trying to pull the ball.

Exactly. You've got to have a clue. Oh well, we'll only face Chen about five times this year.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can understand why the White Sox struggled with a Johan Santana or CC Sabathia in their primes.

Why they haven't been able to make adjustments against someone with Chen's repertoire is beyond me...it's not like they haven't seen him and Guthrie over and over again.

Tigers already off to a 4-0 start. Didn't see that one coming.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 02:42 PM)
You can understand why the White Sox struggled with a Johan Santana or CC Sabathia in their primes.

Why they haven't been able to make adjustments against someone with Chen's repertoire is beyond me...it's not like they haven't seen him and Guthrie over and over again.

Chens next start he will go 5 innings and give up 4 runs.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 07:42 PM)

I didn't either. Maybe I've overrated Leyland all these years. ... Who is this Nieto guy? Is he a bonafide prospect or lousy?

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 02:39 PM)
Semein is not a 2 hitter. He is a bench player. Young guy like him should be way down in the order.

What are you talking about? He may not be ready for major league baseball but he does profile well for the #2 spot and he's not a bench player.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 01:43 PM)
This is so insanely stupid.

It is a lot of pressure on Semien knowing that Beckham's coming back soon...he's pressing....it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have Ramirez hitting up at 2, but I'm sure Ventura sees Semien long-term in that role and wants to see how he handles it.

The bunting definitely is something he's going to have to improve.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 07:45 PM)
What are you talking about? He may not be ready for major league baseball but he does profile well for the #2 spot and he's not a bench player.

Yep, if he's not MLB caliber, then neither is almost every other young guy the Sox are counting on.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 02:45 PM)

He is in 2014.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 01:44 PM)
I didn't either. Maybe I've overrated Leyland all these years. ... Who is this Nieto guy? Is he a bonafide prospect or lousy?

Picked up in the Rule 5 draft from the Nationals' organization. Another Cuban. Guess Hahn couldn't work out a deal to keep him in the organization (where he really belongs at Winston-Salem or BIRM), so he has to stay on the major league roster all season or he goes back to Washington/Rizzo. Was in High A ball last season, so don't expect much of anything in 2014 out of him. Anything productive would be a pleasant surprise.

Edited by caulfield12