NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 10:30 PM)
Well SIU fans just when things are looking up for the program it appears that Smithpeters did something really, really bad. Fantastic.

Was only a matter of time after hearing about his Harrisburg antics.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like Smithpeters, but I'm not gonna cry if he is gone for a while(or even for good). This takes a redshirt away from someone like Glotta or fletcher, but from what I read both of those kids can play right away, and their redshirts were a numbers game as opposed to them not being ready at this level.

Reading up on Smithpeters on the Saluki message board, and it is known that there are no police charges forthcoming, he violated the student code, and it is non academic. But, it could result in a 2 year ban. What the hell did he do?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 05:19 PM)
Reading up on Smithpeters on the Saluki message board, and it is known that there are no police charges forthcoming, he violated the student code, and it is non academic. But, it could result in a 2 year ban. What the hell did he do?

No idea and that board is really annoying me with how the people in the know refuse to say anything.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 08:02 PM)
Thought you were taking it over?

lol, apparently my offer wasn't sufficient and they would rather be stuck in 2002

Also, Reis and Darren Kinard said Smithpeters is reinstated. All over

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 08:10 PM)
lol, apparently my offer wasn't sufficient and they would rather be stuck in 2002

Also, Reis and Darren Kinard said Smithpeters is reinstated. All over

So can what he was accused of be announced?

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 08:37 PM)
So can what he was accused of be announced?

Apparently not. It will come out though

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 08:48 PM)
I guess we got some SIU fans here?

There are a few of us

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 07:45 AM)
You're that confident? Ok...

Yes. They went 6-4 in B1G play once Hill and Nunn were put in the lineup including wins @ Minnesota, @MSU, and @ Iowa. That team had a true freshman Tate as the only backup PG and very, very little depth overall. Easily a tournament team.

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (Boogua @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 08:15 AM)
Things would have to go horribly wrong for the Illini to not make the tournament.

I looked at the schedule and saw anywhere from 17-14 to 19-12.

Maybe they're better than that, but it was just a general supposition due to the opponents on the schedule.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 10:47 AM)

Maybe they're better than that, but it was just a general supposition due to the opponents on the schedule.

If Vegas has wins totals for college bball, I pray to God they're in that range.

Trying to get a read on the Iowa State team for this year, and the predictions are all over the board. People seem to not have an idea what to do with them. One preseason poll had them in the Top 10. But the coaches predicted them 5th in the B12. That's a huge gap.

Will be exciting to see how the transfers do, and how Niang develops.

8th would really surprise me.

I'm excited for Mizzou probably because football is unbearable right now. But this year will be tough, 3/4 the roster is either new or frosh/soph. Kim Anderson has basically had to teach defense the entire summer and said he's only got into offensive sets the last week.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 10:47 AM)

14 losses? I can't see it.

They were a floater away from possibly grabbing a last bubble spot last year, and the additions have been much greater than the subtractions. The expectation is absolutely the tournament.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 03:41 PM)
Big Ten media with Illinois finishing 8th. Seems low if the shooting/offensive jump is as good as expected.

Prediction, they'll finish higher than 8th.