NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 07:14 PM)
Iowa finally breaks through with a win against a highly-ranked opponent on the road.

There's hope now at least. After losing to Texas and Syracuse last week, it was starting to evaporate a little.

In the end, as usual, they're probably one more athlete (shooting guard/small forward) away from being a very good team. You can certainly understand why Bo Ryan didn't want to let Uthoff go.

And what was a 10-12 man rotation last year has been whittled down to just 6-7 players in 2014. We'll see how well they can hold up in the second half of the B10 season.

To make that next step, Oglesby/Jok/Dickerson are going to have to become more dangerous...particularly one of the last two guys.

Uthoff had a bad shooting night but he seems to be more confident and willing to keep shooting, which was something he wouldn't do last year. He'd disappear for long stretches and he is far too talented to do that. This could be a big win for the program. Have some huge in state games coming up against ISU and Northern Iowa.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 12:09 AM)
Uthoff had a bad shooting night but he seems to be more confident and willing to keep shooting, which was something he wouldn't do last year. He'd disappear for long stretches and he is far too talented to do that. This could be a big win for the program. Have some huge in state games coming up against ISU and Northern Iowa.

They have to split against Iowa State and UNI, going 10-3 in nonconference.

Then 9-9 or 10-8 in conference and probably need one victory in the B10 Tourney.

Lasty year, there were a lot of rumors out of IC about Marble's selfishness and me-oriented play. I think you might actually see Iowa improve in the 2nd half this year as the team comes together, instead of falling apart. At least that's the hope. On the flip side, you don't have many shot creators on the team that can generate their own way to points when the offense breaks down. Aaron White's never going to be that type of player.

I don't think MSU and NC are that good. Could change, could be the schedule the Spartans are playing but feels like if Dawson doesn't carry that team, they're in trouble.

Valentine throws in so much garbage it seems. Bound to slow down.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 07:00 AM)
Who would have thought that ND could beat MSU last night...?

Then again, they have a huge home court advantage.

Me. With all MSU lost, I believed they were only ranked because of Izzo.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 07:36 AM)
Plus they tend to improve as the season goes on which lands them their ranking the next year.

Their tough start of the schedule will definitely have them improved by Feb. Just nobody on that squad right now worries me outside of Dawson. I'm sure their guards will get healthy sometime.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 07:37 AM)
Their tough start of the schedule will definitely have them improved by Feb. Just nobody on that squad right now worries me outside of Dawson. I'm sure their guards will get healthy sometime.

Trice was garbage but he has the flu. Their shooting ability isn't all that impressive but they can grind out some wins with rebounding and defense.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 08:00 AM)
Who would have thought that ND could beat MSU last night...?

Then again, they have a huge home court advantage.

Only surprises IMO were Clemson and UNC losing.

Maybe UNC losing shouldn't be all that surprising given how Roy Williams appears to be slipping.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 04:52 AM)
Yeah, Arkansas might be a touch overrated. Their press was absolutely shredded tonight. They started holding the ball partway through the first half.

These games always happen with an Anderson team. Some games it will get annihalated, other games not really matter, and others...it'll get you a win you didn't deserve.

But he always had trouble away from home. Homecourt + press is a dangerous tool, i'll give him that.