NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 08:00 AM)
You can add to the resume a home loss by Nebraska to something called Incarnate Word

Nebraska was so overrated coming into the season. They had a joke schedule last year. I didn't think they would be THIS bad though. Losses to Creighton, URI, and Incarnate Ward? They're going to have to win like 11 B1G games to sniff the tourney.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 11:39 AM)
And all charges have been dropped

Sounds like he had a party and mary jane was in the apartment.

Also worth noting, the spokesman for Ames PD said they'd been to that apartment half a dozen times in recent weeks due to noise and other complaints.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 11:39 AM)
And all charges have been dropped

While I don't think having weed at your house is a very big deal, and loud music constantly is being an ass , not a criminal, I doubt if it was some Ag student busted, or a walk on, that the charges would be dropped.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 01:21 PM)
While I don't think having weed at your house is a very big deal, and loud music constantly is being an ass , not a criminal, I doubt if it was some Ag student busted, or a walk on, that the charges would be dropped.

Actually they often are for such a small thing. They broke up a loud party and found a small amount of weed in a dresser. That kind of thing gets pushed aside, or just a municipal citation, all the time in. Especially in college environments like that.

Not saying that didn't play a factor, it might have. Just saying it is commonplace for things like that to get thrown out. The judge cited probable cause issues - why does a loud party justify searching dresser drawers? It likely doesn't, thus it was thrown out.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 01:28 PM)
Actually they often are for such a small thing. They broke up a loud party and found a small amount of weed in a dresser. That kind of thing gets pushed aside, or just a municipal citation, all the time in. Especially in college environments like that.

Not saying that didn't play a factor, it might have. Just saying it is commonplace for things like that to get thrown out. The judge cited probable cause issues - why does a loud party justify searching dresser drawers? It likely doesn't, thus it was thrown out.

Didn't the cops say they smelled weed? I wonder if the judge is a season ticketholder. Whatever it was, I don't think his status as a player hurt him. You would think this should at least scare him enough so that the neighbors won't have to complain about the noise anymore.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 01:36 PM)
Didn't the cops say they smelled weed? I wonder if the judge is a season ticketholder. Whatever it was, I don't think his status as a player hurt him. You would think this should at least scare him enough so that the neighbors won't have to complain about the noise anymore.

Having lived in Ames, at least back then, the Ames city cops were not always fond of the students. In fact, for some of them, if you were a student, that worked against you. The university has a seperate department, that's a little different, but this happened off campus with Ames PD responding.

The judge, I have no idea. Could be they helped the player get away with it here. But notice too, the cops are saying they may still file drug charges.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 01:28 PM)

I think in most college towns having weed on you is pretty much the same as underage consumption. A ticket for a few hundred dollars and a class or two.