NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good win for the hoosiers. Without Mosquera-Perea the next 2 get really tough, home against Maryland and on the road at OSU. Would be really nice not to lose both of those, but winning the last 2 without him is really huge, worst they do in this 4 game stretch is 2-2 and then Purdue hits.

That was a hell of a game. So many streaks.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
Good win for the hoosiers. Without Mosquera-Perea the next 2 get really tough, home against Maryland and on the road at OSU. Would be really nice not to lose both of those, but winning the last 2 without him is really huge, worst they do in this 4 game stretch is 2-2 and then Purdue hits.

KenPom predicted us to lose the entire stretch of @Illinois, vs. Maryland, @Ohio State, @Purdue. Did not expect us to be 4-1, nor to be 2-1 on the road.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 03:05 PM)
How do you not have a play drawn up out of that time out? Wtf Groce? And yet another late game meltdown. Indiana goes 11-0 in the final 2 minutes. Just terrible.

Illinois has seemingly sucked at holding leads since blowing that game against PSU in 2006. That is also the last time I felt genuinely great about the program (and even then recruiting was going horribly). I did feel pretty good last fall when Snider was committed but that quickly tapered off.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 03:09 PM)
Illinois has seemingly sucked at holding leads since blowing that game against PSU in 2006. That is also the last time I felt genuinely great about the program (and even then recruiting was going horribly). I did feel pretty good last fall when Snider was committed but that quickly tapered off.

The dude at Illiniboard had a breakdown on Twitter of the late game meltdowns this season. It's depressing.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 04:33 PM)
LeVert done for year. Crap season gets crappier.

What a blow. Now we'll be seeing more of Chapman again. I know he's just a freshman, but the kid looks lost out there. Plus he misses so many layups. It's sad that we may have seen the last of LeVert in a Michigan uniform, but we've been pretty spoiled the last 3 seasons with 2 Big Ten Championships, a National Runner-up, and another Elite 8 appearance.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 10:31 AM)
He wasn't the one out there missing layups and throwing the ball away.

He was the one that took a dumb timeout, then didn't draw up a play in that timeout, and then didn't call another timeout right before Hill or whomever through the ball away and gave up a breakaway lay-up. His management down the stretch was pretty terrible. Failure to close out games has been a repeated issue, which to me is mostly on the inexperience of the players and partly on the coaches for not doing enough to control the mistakes.

I'm hoping that game becomes a turning point. Black seems to be getting "it" just like Hill and Nunn did last year. Nunn is finally taking command of the game. Starks is hitting some shots. Starks-Nunn-Hill-Black-Egwu is your best line-up. Sub Tate for Starks if Starks isn't hitting shots. Ride that line-up from here on out. Leave Morgan and Cosby on the bench. They are worse than worthless at this point.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 08:49 AM)
What a blow. Now we'll be seeing more of Chapman again. I know he's just a freshman, but the kid looks lost out there. Plus he misses so many layups. It's sad that we may have seen the last of LeVert in a Michigan uniform, but we've been pretty spoiled the last 3 seasons with 2 Big Ten Championships, a National Runner-up, and another Elite 8 appearance.

I think he comes back now...I hope, Cuz I don't see anyone like Walton or Irvin becoming a leader next year.

How Michigan is 5-2 in conference is one of the biggest stories of the early season.

The importance of Kaminsky to WI was clearly showcased in their inexplicable loss to Rutgers.

Iowa sweeps OSU and gets completely blown out of the gym in Madison...expected more resistance with White being a senior. Just couldn't get the broad side of a barn shooting-wise, and WI obviously plays tough defense, especially at home.

Wow, Baylor was losing to NAIA school Houston-Tillotson, at Baylor, for most of the 1st half. What is it with Baylor teams being so wildly inconsistent? They were like this the past couple seasons too.

And why the hell is Baylor playing a school like that in the midst of conference play anyway? Or playing them at all?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 08:59 PM)
Wow, Baylor was losing to NAIA school Houston-Tillotson, at Baylor, for most of the 1st half. What is it with Baylor teams being so wildly inconsistent? They were like this the past couple seasons too.

And why the hell is Baylor playing a school like that in the midst of conference play anyway? Or playing them at all?

They even lost to Illinois on a neutral court! :o

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 08:59 PM)

Coach Carter movie. Not even joking.