NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 13, 2015 -> 04:08 AM)
I'd say college basketball in general is awful this year outside of a handful of teams.

Yep , Gonzaga is actually my favorite team to watch this year. They at least have scorers at every position. This season is probably the least I have watched in 25 years

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 12, 2015 -> 11:10 PM)
Yep , Gonzaga is actually my favorite team to watch this year. They at least have scorers at every position. This season is probably the least I have watched in 25 years

CBB is too tough to watch if you dont have some sort of rooting interest.

But I'll be watching a lot during conference tourney week. I think I may enjoy conference tournament week more than the actual tournament as a whole.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 12, 2015 -> 11:10 PM)

Even most of the top teams aren't that fun to watch. Kentucky is a fantastic team but I just don't enjoy watching them at all. Virginia plays really good basketball but I find them boring to watch.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 13, 2015 -> 05:13 AM)
CBB is too tough to watch if you dont have some sort of rooting interest.

But I'll be watching a lot during conference tourney week. I think I may enjoy conference tournament week more than the actual tournament as a whole.

Well, I blame your team for Gregory still being employed :)

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 13, 2015 -> 05:13 AM)
Even most of the top teams aren't that fun to watch. Kentucky is a fantastic team but I just don't enjoy watching them at all. Virginia plays really good basketball but I find them boring to watch.

Completely agree. Ironically one of the teams that has been most fun to watch is DePaul this year.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 12, 2015 -> 10:14 PM)
Aaron Cosby told not to play basketball this week, looking like he won't be back next year.

If he isn't back, not a big loss in my opinion with the additions of Jordan and Coleman-Lands. Wing depth is crazy as it is.

Opens up another scholarship though which is huge.

So can anyone think of another player who is as great of a free throw shooter as Jaylon Tate but that is also an absolutely horrendous jump shooter? I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like it. It is incredibly rare for guys who are fantastic free throw shooters to not also be good shooters but I can't think of any great free throw shooters who are terrible shooters.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 12, 2015 -> 10:07 PM)
Only fair. Both teams gave a game away at others place.

Michigan was never making tourney anyway.

They lack a go to guy at the end of the game. Irvin shooting and talent wise should be that guy but he is too streaky and just doesn't have a killer mentality unfortunately. Us Michigan fans have been pretty fortunate having Burke and Hardaway Jr. and Stauskas the last couple years to be that guy.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 12, 2015 -> 10:37 PM)
So can anyone think of another player who is as great of a free throw shooter as Jaylon Tate but that is also an absolutely horrendous jump shooter? I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like it. It is incredibly rare for guys who are fantastic free throw shooters to not also be good shooters but I can't think of any great free throw shooters who are terrible shooters.

He's a bad shooter, but really he only takes about 1 jump shot a game and it's usually a 3 pointer at the end of the shot clock. Not a shock that a player bricks those. He can finish around the rim, at least that's something.

Last night was maddening. How do you dominate a team 21-2 over the last 10-15 minutes of play but play so horribly the first 30? Credit Michigan for nearly stealing that game with maybe the worst starting line-up in the Big Ten, but yikes it was like they were Tom Crean running up against that zone. They seemed totally unprepared and got really lucky to get that win. I'll take it, but man is the Wisconsin game going to be a beat down. If we don't lose by 20 i'll be happy.