NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 18, 2015 -> 08:36 PM)
Louisville's point guard was suspended tonight. Good thing Wayne Blackshear stepped up with his 19 minutes of 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, and 5 fouls. Epic.

Still remember going to see him at Curie before he transferred to Morgan Park and him looking like an NBA-bound beast. Blackshear, Abrams, Shaw, Randle, Henry, Thompson, Marshall, Henley...soo much hype for years for the Chicagoland Class of 2011 and soo much bust.

Davis doesn't count since he came out of nowhere. Boatwright has done just fine. And Kaminsky has developed nicely (awesome game at uic pavilion when benet beat Parker and simeon). But yeah, gotta love Chicago high school hoops.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 18, 2015 -> 11:29 PM)
Still remember going to see him at Curie before he transferred to Morgan Park and him looking like an NBA-bound beast. Blackshear, Abrams, Shaw, Randle, Henry, Thompson, Marshall, Henley...soo much hype for years for the Chicagoland Class of 2011 and soo much bust.

Davis doesn't count since he came out of nowhere. Boatwright has done just fine. And Kaminsky has developed nicely (awesome game at uic pavilion when benet beat Parker and simeon). But yeah, gotta love Chicago high school hoops.

Blackshear at Curie to me looked disinterested and was alway pouting when I saw him. Don't blame him since his coach was a clown.

He was good at MP but him and Irvin there always ran their mouths and couldn't back it up. They may have won a city tournament, can't remember, but don't think they got out of a regional in the state tournament. He always seemed like a huge question mark to me despite being an explosive high school player just because of attitude.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 18, 2015 -> 10:14 PM)
Tyus Jones might beat UNC by himself.

Before last night, I didn't think much of him, but yeah, that was a dominate PG performance.

Felt UNC choked that game away. Up 7 with 90 secs left, you should be able to hit FTs and take care of the ball.

Before last night, I didn't think much of him, but yeah, that was a dominate PG performance.

Felt UNC choked that game away. Up 7 with 90 secs left, you should be able to hit FTs and take care of the ball.

Really needed Duke to lose last night. They have the tiebreaker over ND for the #2 seed in the ACC tournament.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 19, 2015 -> 05:40 AM)
Blackshear at Curie to me looked disinterested and was alway pouting when I saw him. Don't blame him since his coach was a clown.

He was good at MP but him and Irvin there always ran their mouths and couldn't back it up. They may have won a city tournament, can't remember, but don't think they got out of a regional in the state tournament. He always seemed like a huge question mark to me despite being an explosive high school player just because of attitude.

Shocker

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 19, 2015 -> 05:40 AM)

coach oliver used him strictly in the post. Not surprising that he left or where he went.

My point was that with all the hype those guys got even going into high school, then their first couple of years, they sure fizzled out.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 19, 2015 -> 10:28 PM)
They didnt need it at that time. It was selfish to me. I think his teammates agreed

Oh I totally agree that he should have looked for the better shot (whether by him or a teammate), which was likely a 2. I just mean that even if he was intent on taking a 3 himself, he could've taken a better one.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 20, 2015 -> 12:07 PM)
Aaron Cosby no longer with the Illinois basketball program. What an incredible disappointment. Two years of proven production at a major conference including a really strong sophomore year and he was horrible this year and didn't even make it through the season.

Good riddance.

edit:

Derek Piper ‏@DerekPiperBSH 37s37 seconds ago

Per a source, Aaron Cosby wanted to leave #Illini in December. Felt situation had shot his confidence. Suspension was cherry on top.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 20, 2015 -> 12:07 PM)
Aaron Cosby no longer with the Illinois basketball program. What an incredible disappointment. Two years of proven production at a major conference including a really strong sophomore year and he was horrible this year and didn't even make it through the season.

Meh. Sometimes I feel like people get way too excited about transfers. Sure sometimes teams strike gold, but a lot of the time, there is a reason why the school is letting the kid transfer in the first place.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 20, 2015 -> 04:49 PM)
Meh. Sometimes I feel like people get way too excited about transfers. Sure sometimes teams strike gold, but a lot of the time, there is a reason why the school is letting the kid transfer in the first place.

It depends on the transfer. When it is a kid like Alex Legion who hasn't proven anything yet and wasn't productive at his prior stop there is a reason to be very skeptical. If it is someone moving up a level or down a level there is reason for skepticism. When you have a guy who was a proven player at the high major level there is no reason not to expect him to be productive.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 20, 2015 -> 03:49 PM)

See Iowa State.

Or UNLV/Cincy in the 90's.

Lon Kruger, wherever he goes.

Michigan inexplicably takes down OSU in Ann Arbor.

And Iowa up 30 over Nebraska, ON THE ROAD. I don't think ANY team has been that dominant in Lincoln all season.

So beat UNC in Chapel Hill, OSU twice, have MI down 20+ points in Ann Arbor and pin one of their worst home losses under Beilein, wipe out Maryland by double digits and ahead by 20+ in the first half...but lose at home to MINN and at Northwestern to ruin all positive momentum.

What an inconsistent team. They'll probably lose to Illinois at home, win at PSU, lose at IND and beat NW by 30+ at home and then lose in the 2nd round of the B10 tourney and be firmly on the bubble.

In many ways, that Illinois at Iowa game next week becomes another play-in game for the Illini, like tonight's game against MSU. Only two of Illinois, Purdue and Iowa will make it imo. Although OSU now is 8-6 too with that inexplicable loss to MI. Parity.

Edited by caulfield12