NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And the replay on that last Rice jump shot is exactly why I complain about refs. Davis held and grabbed him multiple times and they didn't call it. Any contact on Illinois at the other end is being called today. Purdue fouls on every single possession and has 6 fouls on them in the game. It is ridiculous.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 7, 2015 -> 04:55 PM)
And the replay on that last Rice jump shot is exactly why I complain about refs. Davis held and grabbed him multiple times and they didn't call it. Any contact on Illinois at the other end is being called today. Purdue fouls on every single possession and has 6 fouls on them in the game. It is ridiculous.

They are at home in the Big Ten. What do your expect? It's why I almost never watch away games.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 7, 2015 -> 06:26 PM)
Right? He likely runs the offense better anyways. Or at least not worse.

I don't mind playing Starks for stretches because he can get hot but Tate is dreadful. Not close to a Big 10 player. And since we were playing zone on D for a lot of this game you get the added benefit or extra length on D if you have Colbert or Black in.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Mar 7, 2015 -> 06:35 PM)
John "NIT' Groce is his trademark

Luckily for him he doesn't have to worry about being fired this year due to the dumpster fire he inherited along with major injuries this year. If he misses next year he's gone though.

Illinois really needs to land Lovett (and have him qualify) or bring a 5th year PG. Tate is probably the worst guard in the Big 10 that actually gets minutes.

Even with Illinois having a scholarship open I hope he transfers. He just isn't good enough for this level.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

I think Illinois would probably be the greatest program in college basketball history if it wasn't for referees. Generations of referees have been out to get the Illini.

Illini fans need to watch more games and realize every single team is the victim of bad calls especially when you are on the road in Big 10 games.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 7, 2015 -> 06:12 PM)
I think Illinois would probably be the greatest program in college basketball history if it wasn't for referees. Generations of referees have been out to get the Illini.

Illini fans need to watch more games and realize every single team is the victim of bad calls especially when you are on the road in Big 10 games.

Its Purdue. Its a lot more than just bad there, though that is the usual. They foul literally every defensive possession and the refs just let them get away with it. Its why Keadys teams could destroy the B1G and never do anything In the tournament and his disciple Painter looks to follow in his foot steps.