NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 7, 2015 -> 07:12 PM)
I think Illinois would probably be the greatest program in college basketball history if it wasn't for referees. Generations of referees have been out to get the Illini.

Illini fans need to watch more games and realize every single team is the victim of bad calls especially when you are on the road in Big 10 games.

I complain about refs in other games all the time. I had tons of posts about the refs in the tourney last year and illinois wasn't in it. College refs are inexcusably bad at their jobs and there is no accountability.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 7, 2015 -> 06:55 PM)
Dickie V says Jim Boheim shouldn't have been punished because he raised thousands of dollars for cancer research. Okay.

DV is the biggest apologist for coaches. Like Boeheim would tell him if kids were taking money. How out of touch can one person be.

Overall, I think one B1G tournament win gets Indiana in, but two would make me a lot less nervous next Sunday.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 7, 2015 -> 10:36 PM)
I saw Yogi is maybe going pro. Is he highly rated in the draft?

Where'd you see that? I've seen rumors but nothing more. Last projection I saw had him as a mid-2nd round pick. I think he'd be a moron to go.

I've also seen Troy Williams as a late first rounder. Of course I'm biased and want him to stay and actually develop an outside shot, but him leaving makes way more sense than Yogi.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 7, 2015 -> 02:12 PM)
Yogi is very non clutch

It's funny. I've seen him hit big/clutch shots in his career so far. But this past stretch of Maryland/Purdue/MSU he has been decidedly non-clutch. I wonder if it's getting in his head.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 7, 2015 -> 02:08 PM)
That was an impressive shot of Izzo.

It was fantastic. I'm at the point where I expect us to lose because this stretch has been so awful, so I wasn't even that bummed yesterday. But that Izzo face was perfect. What a remarkably dumb play by Valentine.

Edited by farmteam

When you attend a small Div 1 school getting close to an automatic bid gets exciting. Today at 3 on the women's side, my Alma Mater, UTPA is playing New Mexico State with an automatic bid on the line. I wasn't expecting that in my lifetime. If I wasn't familiar with the teams playing a #3 seed playing the #1 would mean anyone could win. With this I feel like it's David versus Goliath and the biggest challenge ever lol

Oliver Purnell is resigning at Depaul. Any Depaul people on the board? Howlund has been rumored in the past. Someone like Rod Strickland do anything to move the meter? I think DePaul has the best chance of any of the Illinois schools to build a program with Chicago kids staying. New arena will help but they need a coach. Any ideas?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 14, 2015 -> 09:13 PM)
Oliver Purnell is resigning at Depaul. Any Depaul people on the board? Howlund has been rumored in the past. Someone like Rod Strickland do anything to move the meter? I think DePaul has the best chance of any of the Illinois schools to build a program with Chicago kids staying. New arena will help but they need a coach. Any ideas?

Should be Howland or bust for DePaul. Not likely to be a lot of big time schools looking for a coach this offseason.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 14, 2015 -> 03:19 PM)
Should be Howland or bust for DePaul. Not likely to be a lot of big time schools looking for a coach this offseason.

What about your boy fathom? He's technically a Chicago guy right? Success in the A10, close enough to DePaul, even if he failed in the ACC.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 14, 2015 -> 10:44 PM)
What about your boy fathom? He's technically a Chicago guy right? Success in the A10, close enough to DePaul, even if he failed in the ACC.

I would hope they could do better. Gregory wasn't exactly shining at Dayton when he left there, as he was close to getting fired before GT made the awful hire

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 14, 2015 -> 03:13 PM)

The arena might be more important than the coach. Can't be easy to recruit 20 miles from campus with a big arena 20 percent full with zero students .

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 16, 2015 -> 12:18 PM)
Ha, Ga Tech's incompetency in handling Athletics continues, as it looks like they won't have the money to afford Gregory's buyout and thus have to keep him even though no one still wants him there.

Ha, I heard that and immediately thought you'd be thrilled.