NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 04:07 PM)
Trying to get a read on the Iowa State team for this year, and the predictions are all over the board. People seem to not have an idea what to do with them. One preseason poll had them in the Top 10. But the coaches predicted them 5th in the B12. That's a huge gap.

Will be exciting to see how the transfers do, and how Niang develops.

Will u be at the KU game in Ames this year? I will be there.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 09:08 PM)
Will u be at the KU game in Ames this year? I will be there.

I haven't been back to Ames since I moved out, which was in 1996. I'd like to get back sometime, and would probably try to time it with a hoops game if I could. But haven't done that yet.

In my younger years I visited a number of different NCAA basketball arenas, including a few noted for being particularly loud. None of them touched Hilton. Closest was probably The Pit (UNM), but it wasn't that close. Hilton really is a special place for those games.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 12:22 PM)
Sounds like he pulled a Jamar Smith

Don't think so. 19 year old college kid with a bac of .02 on Halloween night. The shocking thing is that it wasn't 5 times that. Sounds like the victim ran in the middle of the road for no reason. But I'm guessing there's more to this.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 04:39 AM)
It will be insane, especially if Gameday is there. Fingers crossed that it will be a top ten matchup.

When are they gonna announce game time for that game? I got to know when to order hotel rooms depending on time of day.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 2, 2014 -> 06:49 AM)
Sorry all, but it looks like SIU will average 100 pts a game, go 40-0 to win the national championship, as Anthony Beane is the national player of the year and consensus #1 draft pick next summer.

These are all just facts. Take that NAIA school!

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 2, 2014 -> 06:49 AM)
Sorry all, but it looks like SIU will average 100 pts a game, go 40-0 to win the national championship, as Anthony Beane is the national player of the year and consensus #1 draft pick next summer.

36-4 with four losses to ISU. So sorry to burst that bubble.

Iowa State scrimmaged Minnesota today (secretly) and apparently did quite well without their starting center (Jameel McKay).

Iowa State 103, Minnesota 78

In Hoiberg's words, he wants to go much quicker than last year, when they were already 16th quickest in tempo.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 2, 2014 -> 09:47 PM)
Iowa State scrimmaged Minnesota today (secretly) and apparently did quite well without their starting center (Jameel McKay).

In Hoiberg's words, he wants to go much quicker than last year, when they were already 16th quickest in tempo.

Wow that's a stomping, Minny is supposed to be decent as well.

Illinois had one of those "secret" scrimmages as well, beat Dayton by 4 per reports.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 2, 2014 -> 08:47 PM)

Why is McKay out?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 08:52 AM)
Wow that's a stomping, Minny is supposed to be decent as well.

Illinois had one of those "secret" scrimmages as well, beat Dayton by 4 per reports.

Very encouraging for Illinois.

They shot the ball real well from reports also.