NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 7, 2015 -> 10:16 PM)
Welcome to my college basketball world, as Georgia Tech is literally the worst 3 point shooting team in the country. 68 or so more days until Gregory gets fired.

I feel like you've said this for like 5 years now haha.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 8, 2015 -> 05:21 AM)
I feel like you've said this for like 5 years now haha.

From the second his name was mentioned as a candidate at GT, I was posting on here about how awful a fit it would be. Thanks to Hewitt's ridiculous life-time contract with GT, it was always known to be a 4-year gig at a minimum for Gregory. Thankfully it sounds like they have a decent amount of money now to spend on a coach.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 7, 2015 -> 10:23 PM)
From the second his name was mentioned as a candidate at GT, I was posting on here about how awful a fit it would be. Thanks to Hewitt's ridiculous life-time contract with GT, it was always known to be a 4-year gig at a minimum for Gregory. Thankfully it sounds like they have a decent amount of money now to spend on a coach.

I feel like they should be able to steal from one of those A-Sun/SoCon/SunBelt schools that won't suck

Congrats to the Illini.

With the Rice injury, it definitely looked like they were joining Minnesota in the unenviable 0-3 position and buried early.

MD probably was a bit overconfident they could just walk in and ILL would roll over.

No easy wins in the Big 10 on the road, except for maybe Penn State.

Now, let's go Hawkeyes and finally win a HUGE home game against MSU. Aaron White is 0-7 on his career (against the Spartans), and unless they win tonight, they don't play again unless it's the B10 Tourney in March.

And imagine the Badgers with Uthoff, too? Of course, Iowa would be even better with Tyler Ulis in their backcourt, too.

Finally, STEVE ALFORD still sucks.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 8, 2015 -> 04:50 AM)
Makes no sense

I covered Aaron Simpson in high school and he was one of the more underrated scorers I have seen in high school. Heard stories about off court problems that prevented him from going anywhere bigger.

Noticed in box scores he's not taking as many shots as he's used to taking but glad he found a place to play.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 8, 2015 -> 05:58 AM)
Illinois started Tate and Cosby and beat the #11 team? Yikes. That's an awful loss for Maryland and a resume builder for Illinois.

Malcolm Hill will be a consistent beast by the time he's a senior.

Tate should probably start for a while. He played well yesterday. The Maryland coach even acknowledged it.

Turgeon: They made the switch at point guard and Tate was terrific.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jan 8, 2015 -> 08:06 AM)
Tate should probably start for a while. He played well yesterday. The Maryland coach even acknowledged it.

Turgeon: They made the switch at point guard and Tate was terrific.

Well he finally attacked the rim, and then on top of that he hit his FTs. Too many times he starts a drive then realizes he was way to slow and or didn't read it right and has to dribble back out to the arc, meanwhile nothing else was getting set on offense.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Jan 8, 2015 -> 10:33 AM)
I find it pretty amusing that we play better with Tate despite all of his flaws, purely because he has some level of basic PG instinct that not a single other person on the team possesses. That being said, he did play pretty well last night.

That hasn't been the case in most games this year. It certainly was last night and that was easily the best game Tate has played against legitimate competition. Maryland also helped him out by going over the top of ball screens rather than just going under all of them like most teams will do. The question is can Tate take and make jump shots when guys go under screens because he is going to have to do that in the Big 10 or he will go back to killing the team when he is on the floor. I have my doubts that he can do it but I really hope he can because Tate with a jump shot is a guy you can actually play against high majors.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 8, 2015 -> 09:44 AM)
That hasn't been the case in most games this year. It certainly was last night and that was easily the best game Tate has played against legitimate competition. Maryland also helped him out by going over the top of ball screens rather than just going under all of them like most teams will do. The question is can Tate take and make jump shots when guys go under screens because he is going to have to do that in the Big 10 or he will go back to killing the team when he is on the floor. I have my doubts that he can do it but I really hope he can because Tate with a jump shot is a guy you can actually play against high majors.

I definitely am not a fan of Tate, and as far as I know he still can't hit those shots. It's more of a testament to just how bad Starks is when he is an improvement. Unless of course, Tate actually can start hitting those shots when he is needed to.

Maybe Tate can be Brian's anti-Ulis.