NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jan 31, 2015 -> 08:57 PM)
Great end and win for Duke!! Only 8 scholarship players on their team now and 4 are freshmen

It must be incredibly tough to win with 8 McDonald's All Americans and the best Center in the country. I can't fathom trying to win games with that roster.

Sure would love it if Iowa State would play a complete game at some point. Even at home against TCU they were within single digits most of the game. They just can't seem to keep their foot on the gas for 40 minutes.

I'm convinced they are able to match up well against just about any team in the country, but I'm not convinced they'd win a first round game as a 2 or 3 seed.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 1, 2015 -> 05:26 PM)
Sure would love it if Iowa State would play a complete game at some point. Even at home against TCU they were within single digits most of the game. They just can't seem to keep their foot on the gas for 40 minutes.

I'm convinced they are able to match up well against just about any team in the country, but I'm not convinced they'd win a first round game as a 2 or 3 seed.

Tomorrow night should be fun.

Illinois now at 5-5 in conference play, would really help if we can win at MSU on Saturday.

If we win out at home (UM, MSU, NW, NU) and sneak a road win (MSU, Wisky, Iowa, PU) then we should be dancing, I think 5-3 is doable especially if Rice comes back strong and Hill/Nunn keep being aggressive.

I might be eating crow about next years team. Hill and Nunn have been great in Rice's absence. Black is still a freshman, but he reminds me of an Izzo guy - someone who gets after it and owns the glass. You can see the potential.

And Egwu gives this team nothing, so he's not a huge loss. Yeah, "defense" big f***ing whoop. He can't rebound or score the ball. Two games Egwu should have dominated - Indiana and Rutgers - two of the smallest teams in the league, he scored a whopping 0 points and grabbed 7 boards. That's pathetic. Paul and Morgan have to be decent and clog up the lane, while Hill, Nunn and JCL score.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 05:55 PM)
Cuse, postseason ban

Self-imposed.

Such bulls***. They have their worst team in years and aren't making the NCAA tourney anyways. Meanwhile, they have a really good recruiting class next year and will be hoping to compete. But this is apparently all a coincidence? Give me a break. Hopefully the NCAA tacks on an additional punishment or this is going to set a precedent that will be exploited. Program gonna get in trouble? Just drag it on for 8 years and when you are set up for a bad year just self impose a ban and move on.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 5, 2015 -> 08:27 AM)
Self-imposed.

Such bulls***. They have their worst team in years and aren't making the NCAA tourney anyways. Meanwhile, they have a really good recruiting class next year and will be hoping to compete. But this is apparently all a coincidence? Give me a break. Hopefully the NCAA tacks on an additional punishment or this is going to set a precedent that will be exploited. Program gonna get in trouble? Just drag it on for 8 years and when you are set up for a bad year just self impose a ban and move on.

Much like appealing your suspension in baseball, and then dropping it at the most opportune time.