NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 3, 2015 -> 11:59 PM)
Fantastic road win for Iowa. Let's keep this streal rolling this weekend and work on enhancing seeding and keeping positive momentum rolling!!!

It looked like they would collapse like last season a couple weeks ago, but Aaron White didn't let that happen.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 07:47 AM)
I honestly see Crean resigning at the end of this year and taking another job. His ego is too big to get fired.

He's got 3+ million a year coming to him, with a 7-12 million dollar buyout (depending on when they do it). There's no chance he simply walks away from that guaranteed money.

I thoroughly enjoy Indiana basketball right now. They're some of the worse fans, from an entitlement stand point, and all I heard about the last couple of years is how they're "back," how they'll be cleaning up on the recruiting trail, competing for national titles every few seasons, etc. And now the doom and gloom.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 09:29 AM)
Wait, Northwestern WON that game? I turned it off after Michigan went up almost 10 in the first OT. s***.

Beilien likes having Spike take the ball out when a 6'9 guy is guarding the in bounds and refused to foul up 3 with 10 secs left...twice.

Guys missed FTs as well.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 09:45 AM)
Joe Lunardi's Bracketology update just released:

Iowa up to a #7 seed

Ohio State down to a #8 seed

IU/Purdue both still #11 seeds, but IU now in play-in round and Purdue out of it.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that an 11-12 win, 4th place big ten team (Purdue) won't make the tourney. I understand they have some bad losses and no signature win, but they're a solid team.

Unfortunately I think it'll come down to Illinois and Purdue for that last spot. So Saturday is huge and I just don't see how Illinois can pull it off. It'd be great if Illinois could finish 2-0 and MSU can beat Indiana so they can grab the 7 seed in the tourney. Get the hell away from Wisconsin's side of the bracket. But I'm not holding my breath.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 09:33 AM)
He's got 3+ million a year coming to him, with a 7-12 million dollar buyout (depending on when they do it). There's no chance he simply walks away from that guaranteed money.

I thoroughly enjoy Indiana basketball right now. They're some of the worse fans, from an entitlement stand point, and all I heard about the last couple of years is how they're "back," how they'll be cleaning up on the recruiting trail, competing for national titles every few seasons, etc. And now the doom and gloom.

He's coaching for his job vs MSU.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 09:56 AM)
I find it incredibly hard to believe that an 11-12 win, 4th place big ten team (Purdue) won't make the tourney. I understand they have some bad losses and no signature win, but they're a solid team.

Unfortunately I think it'll come down to Illinois and Purdue for that last spot. So Saturday is huge and I just don't see how Illinois can pull it off. It'd be great if Illinois could finish 2-0 and MSU can beat Indiana so they can grab the 7 seed in the tourney. Get the hell away from Wisconsin's side of the bracket. But I'm not holding my breath.

The BTT may also move those slots a bit. Purdue deserves to be in IMO.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 09:56 AM)

I didn't think it was remotely possible, but it is now. Just please take care of business against NU and pull off that win vs PU. :pray

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 09:42 AM)
Beilien likes having Spike take the ball out when a 6'9 guy is guarding the in bounds and refused to foul up 3 with 10 secs left...twice.

Guys missed FTs as well.

There aren't many things I hate more than having a short PG take the ball out of bounds. I'll never get that.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 09:42 AM)

Guys missed FTs as well.

Didn't that cost them the Illinois game too? I remember a few inbounding turnovers late with Egwu in his face.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 08:10 AM)
It looked like they would collapse like last season a couple weeks ago, but Aaron White didn't let that happen.

Winning at Psu in overtime when they were down 23-11 or 12 early in the first half was huge. Hoping they can push ahead to 6 seed and very outside chance of a four or five if they could win or reach the conf tourney final.

Iowa would have lost that game due to "lack of mental toughness" the last two seasons. White is really asserting himself in his senior stretch drive with Jared and Jok struggling at times for consistency. McCaffreys also getting some key contributions from Olaseni and Oglesby.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 10:33 AM)

We're talking about Crean here... He's very ego-centered, nothing would surprise me with him. One thing rarely mentioned is that the buyout is only in full if he does not take another D1 job (which he will). One that has become clear, IU will have another coach come next season. And the money for the buyout, nor the next coach, will be an issue.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)
We're talking about Crean here... He's very ego-centered, nothing would surprise me with him. One thing rarely mentioned is that the buyout is only in full if he does not take another D1 job (which he will). One that has become clear, IU will have another coach come next season. And the money for the buyout, nor the next coach, will be an issue.

I haven't heard that, not sure if you have a source or something. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone next year, but by no means would I call it certain or even probable. If we make the tourney, it's 80% he's back next year, if we don't it's 50%.

While I wouldn't be sad to see him gone (We want to get back to being a national championship contender, and he's not the guy to do it), one negative is then I'd have to endlessly hear the pipe dream of getting Brad Stevens. That would be incredible, but I'm not going to sit around waiting for it.

Crean and family looking to move on according to Peegs and Jeff Rabjohns. IU AD and Crean in talks with how best to move on, as he's already looking for other jobs. Peegs.com is blowing up.

Knew his ego would cause him to walk.

'

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 08:16 AM)
Crean and family looking to move on according to Peegs and Jeff Rabjohns. IU AD and Crean in talks with how best to move on, as he's already looking for other jobs. Peegs.com is blowing up.

Knew his ego would cause him to walk.

I took a look at Peegs and oh god there was a "Flight tracker says there was plane flying from Bloomington to Boston yesterday." If Stevens came here I'd happily eat my shoe, but he's not leaving Boston after only two seasons.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 08:33 AM)
'

I took a look at Peegs and oh god there was a "Flight tracker says there was plane flying from Bloomington to Boston yesterday." If Stevens came here I'd happily eat my shoe, but he's not leaving Boston after only two seasons.

How did college coaching rumors start before the availability of flight trackers? :lol:

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 08:37 AM)
How did college coaching rumors start before the availability of flight trackers? :lol:

I know it's pretty great. Has there ever even been one of these that turned out to be accurate? I vaguely remember something about when Chizik left Iowa State for Auburn, but I can't remember if it was spectacularly right or spectacularly wrong.