NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 14, 2014 -> 01:04 PM)
It is a little strange a DUI can get you suspended for a game or a half of a game, but do a bong in your dorm room, you may have to sit out a season.

Sounds like it was a lot more than that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 30, 2014 -> 12:04 PM)
If you test positive for weed, I think you get a one year ban.

Only if it is an NCAA drug test. The schools have their own policies on that when it is a drug test administrated by the school that the player fails.

• 2 weeks later...

Kentucky will win next year's NCAA title going away. It won't even be close this time. If UK survives its nonconference slate unscathed it may pull a Wichita State and go undefeated til tourney time. Calipari better hope his team drops one early cause the undefeated thing is an albatross.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 12:05 AM)
Kentucky will win next year's NCAA title going away. It won't even be close this time. If UK survives its nonconference slate unscathed it may pull a Wichita State and go undefeated til tourney time. Calipari better hope his team drops one early cause the undefeated thing is an albatross.

What?

Last year, UK fans had '40-0' shirts printed up in June/July. They were in the trash before Thanksgiving.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 12:45 AM)
What?

He means that undefeated teams always tend to go into the NCAA finals with too much pressure, although WSU just wasn't as talented as Kentucky across the board, regardless of seeding.

Trying to think of another example....one of those UNLV teams in the early 90's?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 07:55 AM)
He means that undefeated teams always tend to go into the NCAA finals with too much pressure, although WSU just wasn't as talented as Kentucky across the board, regardless of seeding.

Trying to think of another example....one of those UNLV teams in the early 90's?

I was talking about the rest of the non sense he was spouting off at in that post.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 10:08 AM)
SIU gets a commitment from 7'1" center Deng Leek, meaning they will corner the market on large African born kids who have only been playing for a few years

IU has signed three of those kids since 2008. I really don't think they played more than 100 minutes combined.

EDIT: Turns out I didn't give them enough credit, mostly because of Tijan Jobe.

Bawa Muniru: 62 minutes (transferred after one year)

Tijan Jobe: 211 minutes (came in as a JUCO and played his 2 years)

Peter Jurkin: 18 minutes (just finished his Sophomore year, lots of rumors that he won't be on the team this year because he just can't get his leg healthy).

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 12:05 AM)

This post was made during the transition from Saturday to Sunday, given that it was 12:05 AM CST. Greg was wasted and decided it was best for the world of Soxtalk to know at that time that he believed Kentucky was going to win it all (likely hearing it from some Kentucky fan either driving through town or a Kentucky friend who absolutely despises KU). He is forgiven.

For the record, I will not be betting on Kentucky.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 16, 2014 -> 03:41 PM)
This post was made during the transition from Saturday to Sunday, given that it was 12:05 AM CST. Greg was wasted and decided it was best for the world of Soxtalk to know at that time that he believed Kentucky was going to win it all (likely hearing it from some Kentucky fan either driving through town or a Kentucky friend who absolutely despises KU). He is forgiven.

For the record, I will not be betting on Kentucky.

Thanks it was written poorly but I wasn't drunk. I think UK is a lock to win the 2015 national title though.