NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 07:43 PM)
D'Angelo Russell not allowed to enroll at OSU.

Actually just waiting for test scores.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com...ared-to-enroll/

Don't get too excited yet, transcript issue.

Laquinton Ross came to OSU with a transcript written in pencil which was way worse.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 08:51 PM)
SIU released their schedule today and wow...Brian, Kyyle and myself could go .500 in non conference.

Hinson won't schedule tough until he knows the team can take it. He did that stuff with MSU and it cost them at large bids because their OOC RPI dragged them down

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 01:56 AM)
Hinson won't schedule tough until he knows the team can take it. He did that stuff with MSU and it cost them at large bids because their OOC RPI dragged them down

No offense, but SIU was in such a shambles you have to wonder why Barry took that job. Is there any way in hell he can turn that program back around? You guys got any good players yet under Barry?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 10:56 PM)
No offense, but SIU was in such a shambles you have to wonder why Barry took that job. Is there any way in hell he can turn that program back around? You guys got any good players yet under Barry?

He's already turning it around. Kyle, Rowand, and myself talk about it right here every year. In fact we are thinking about starting our own web based show or podcast with weekly staples such as "What else could Lowery screw up?" and "What job is Torres Roundtree holding this week?".

Gonna be huge!

You should look into his previous job at MSU. Barry took that job because he needed a job as much as the Salukis needed a coach

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 05:52 AM)
He's already turning it around. Kyle, Rowand, and myself talk about it right here every year. In fact we are thinking about starting our own web based show or podcast with weekly staples such as "What else could Lowery screw up?" and "What job is Torres Roundtree holding this week?".

Gonna be huge!

I hate lowery so much

It was the only head coaching job he'd get. And yes, he's doing a very good job so far turning around the program but the weak scheduling does no good for anybody.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 05:52 AM)

Gonna be huge!

A podcast of us 3 talking about SIU basketball and wrestling, imagine the ratings!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 06:37 AM)
You should look into his previous job at MSU. Barry took that job because he needed a job as much as the Salukis needed a coach

I hate lowery so much

Yup.

Yup.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 12:37 PM)

I hate lowery so much

That's awesome that Hinson is popular. I met him in Lawrence and he's pretty much one of a kind. Helluva nice guy. One of the best. The tragedy with his son in law was unthinkably sad.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 08:51 AM)
Absolutely. We'll have a chance to win Arch Madness when it comes around but an NIT berth would be great.

My biggest worry is who will be 2nd scorer to take pressure off Beane or if he's off?

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 09:52 AM)
My biggest worry is who will be 2nd scorer to take pressure off Beane or if he's off?

O'Brien and Smithpeters will have to take a step forward, and either Lavender or Fletcher(whoever isnt redshirting).

I really dont know what to expect from Bola this year. He was two different players last year, the end of the season he was a beast, and in the beginning he looked like 5 fouls in 1 minute.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 09:52 AM)

Ya, that's my biggest concern as well. I think it might have to be one the of the freshman. I like O'brien and Smithpeters but I'm not sure either of them can be that 2nd option.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 10:11 AM)
O'Brien and Smithpeters will have to take a step forward, and either Lavender or Fletcher(whoever isnt redshirting).

I really dont know what to expect from Bola this year. He was two different players last year, the end of the season he was a beast, and in the beginning he looked like 5 fouls in 1 minute.

Outside of highlight videos I haven't seen Lavendar play but from everything I've read, he's probably the one most ready to jump right in and score for us. Fletcher I have seen play a few times and he might be the best of the bunch by the time he's a senior(super athlete) but he's still extremely raw and I don't think he's going to be doing too much scoring for us right off the bat. I do think he'll help us on the defensive end of things right away though.

• 2 weeks later...

Roy Marble, Iowa's all time leading scorer and father of Devyn, diagnosed with cancer. He has had several issues with the law since his heyday, but this is sad. 3 tumors in his head and it has supposedly spread to other parts of his body. I think he is in his mid 40s.

Edited by Dick Allen

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 03:28 PM)
Certainly doesn't help things. Who knows how good he'll be in a year off it.

Hopefully Starks is pretty good, because Tate can't handle the whole load.

Cosby can help at the one too. It isn't ideal, but the Illini did okay two years ago when Paul had to handle PG duties for large portions of games.