Closer

Heads22

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 09:39 AM)
Cleto just has so much movement on his pitches. He is one of those guys I think will always have control problems.

Until he builds up a solid reputation, and then the umps will give him more of those calls. He can be a solid bullpen guy, but as you mention, will never have the control to be a SP.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 08:41 AM)
We could definitely use a lefty long man. But it should be Downs going somewhere, not veal.

Downs will go somewhere in July. He has only seen 11 batters this season, far too early to write him off. The closer should be Lindstrom until he is traded, then probably Webb, until he is traded.

I am all for giving Webb the chance to close. Lindstrom is just too hittable, if he has had one inning where he hasnt allowed a baserunner I would be surprised. He has blown two saves and fortunately Alexei bailed him out on one of them. I dont care if it is a small sample size this season, Lindstrom wasnt exactly untouchable last year either

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 10:18 AM)
Downs will go somewhere in July. He has only seen 11 batters this season, far too early to write him off. The closer should be Lindstrom until he is traded, then probably Webb, until he is traded.

No contender is going to trade for Matt Lindstrom as a closer. But some may want him as a middle reliever, it does nothing for him or the team to leave him there if he's not cutting it.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 10:21 AM)
No contender is going to trade for Matt Lindstrom as a closer. But some may want him as a middle reliever, it does nothing for him or the team to leave him there if he's not cutting it.

You could have said the same thing about Jason Grilli two seasons ago, but he ended up proving that he could handle the role. You have to give Lindstrom every chance to succeed in that role in the hopes of increasing his trade value in the summer. If this were a team expected to contend, than yes, you get the best guy in the role immediately. But when you are rebuilding, you give guys a lot of chances in the hope that you catch lightning in a bottle.

QUOTE (chisoxfan310 @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 11:25 AM)
Chris Sale on days he throws a bp session....

Not the worst idea I've ever heard, lol. Just set an exact pitches cap. If he doesn't exceed it, he stays on the field and finishes while everyone is leaving the stadium, haha.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 11:58 AM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 4h

White Sox closer Matt Lindstrom hasn't felt 100 percent physically all spring until last Wednesday. He's been much sharper since.

Reads this, remembers that he was the annointed closer out of spring training, droops head.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 12:07 PM)
Reads this, remembers that he was the annointed closer out of spring training, droops head.

Well the guy that was annointed closer at Soxfest is walking around with a limp and recently had a shot in his back to relieve pain. So, there is that.

Resume head drooping

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 12:07 PM)

Why don't the White Sox just listen to you?You knew Semien had no business leading off yesterday. You knew De Aza had no reason to be in the starting line up opening day.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 01:15 PM)
Why don't the White Sox just listen to you?You knew Semien had no business leading off yesterday. You knew De Aza had no reason to be in the starting line up opening day.

I agree with you. De Aza has been an effective ballplayer this year so far and we should gawk at his strong performance during this season.