Trade for bullpen help?

The Mighty Mite

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 08:03 AM)
I agree that it's too early but I'd love to sell extremely high on Ramirez right now.

They're not going to give a significant trade return bump based on just 13 games.

And it's almost unheard of for a starting SS to be traded before the end of May. Sure, if someone is willing to grossly overpay to the point of outrageousness, but that's pretty doubtful.

And Stephen Drew's still out there, as well.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 09:03 AM)
I agree that it's too early but I'd love to sell extremely high on Ramirez right now.

That was a point of conversation on 670 this morning. I wonder what they could realistically get for him from the Yankees or Pirates...

Do we really want to see a left to right of Gillaspie, Semien/Sanchez at SS/2B and Abreu at 1B?

I think keeping Alexei as the veteran stabilizer in the infield is just what this team needs for some balance...otherwise, the team's going to be almost too young.

Sanchez is nowhere close to being ready offensively, either.

I guess they could move Semien to SS and leave Gordon at 2B (until a Beckham trade or someone pushes him out).

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 09:11 AM)
That was a point of conversation on 670 this morning. I wonder what they could realistically get for him from the Yankees or Pirates...

How much is Alexei owed on his current contract? I think it would be wise to sell on him high, but if this team is anywhere close to a playoff spot, no chance he gets traded.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 09:17 AM)
How much is Alexei owed on his current contract? I think it would be wise to sell on him high, but if this team is anywhere close to a playoff spot, no chance he gets traded.

Would probably be around $10 million left by the time he would be traded. The thinking is this would be after Beckham comes back and have Semien move to short.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 08:24 AM)
Would probably be around $10 million left by the time he would be traded. The thinking is this would be after Beckham comes back and have Semien move to short.

12:$5M, 13:$7M, 14:$9.5M, 15:$10M, 16:$10M club option ($1M buyout)

Well, at least $14-15 million, depending on May/June/July trade.

Just my two cents here (and that's all its worth) but we do have two major pieces of the bullpen that experienced shortened spring training (Lindstrom and Belisario) as well as a major piece of the bullpen never really making it out of spring training (Jones). I'd imagine Belisario and Lindstrom should probably be hitting their strides soon and once Jones gets his ass in line (pun intended) I think we'll be ok. Bullpens are often highly volatile, its the rotation that has this fan worried. Can't have an effective pen if 40% of your rotation cant make it out of the 5th inning.

Jus' sayin'

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 09:17 AM)
Do we really want to see a left to right of Gillaspie, Semien/Sanchez at SS/2B and Abreu at 1B?

I think keeping Alexei as the veteran stabilizer in the infield is just what this team needs for some balance...otherwise, the team's going to be almost too young.

Sanchez is nowhere close to being ready offensively, either.

I guess they could move Semien to SS and leave Gordon at 2B (until a Beckham trade or someone pushes him out).

Doesn't matter to me. If you can get value for Ramirez you do it. Is he going to be on the team the next time the White Sox are ready to win the World Series? Probably not. I wouldn't dump him and they won't either but if you can get something nice, I'd absolutely move just about anyone. Sale, Quintana, Johnson, Abreu, Semien, Eaton, Webb will all most likely be here. Everyone else could probably be had.

Honestly, seeing a productive infield long-term of Davidson, Semien/Sanchez/Johnson between second and short, and Abreu is a long-shot. Guarantee they add some sort of veteran after moving Alexei and moving 2 of the 3 younger guys in deals for other prospects that aren't MI (pitchers, blocked catchers, etc.)