Sox sign Frank Francisco

coco1997

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 07:26 PM)
Well yeah.

To be fair, part of the reason he has 1.2 IP is because he can't get outs. EDIT: He has played in 5 games. Obviously that's still not enough to make a determination. But 1.2 IP in 5 appearances is pretty dreadful no matter what his ERA is.

Edited by ScottyDo

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 09:49 PM)
Man... the Charlotte Knights are going to be tough to beat this year.

I know this is meant tongue in cheek, but I honestly kind of expected the Sox to make the team like that. First of all, the Sox were expected to rebuild and you want as many talented players as possible on that team in the event they get a call up. However, the main reason I thought that was was because Charlotte opened a new park this year and they might want the team to compete this year.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 07:22 AM)
I know this is meant tongue in cheek, but I honestly kind of expected the Sox to make the team like that. First of all, the Sox were expected to rebuild and you want as many talented players as possible on that team in the event they get a call up. However, the main reason I thought that was was because Charlotte opened a new park this year and they might want the team to compete this year.

Kind of a favor or "kickback" of sorts to the Knights organization for a long and fruitful partnership with the White Sox.

Having a winning team is less important than a nice stadium and creative promotions (at the minor league level) as well as affordable pricing, but it definitely helps to have either some top prospects OR a playoff-caliber team.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 10:05 PM)
Downs hasn't been able to get anyone out. Veal isn't good.

Downs has 1.2 IP 3 ER 4 BB....I'll give him a little more time but I'd sign mijares and put him in AAA for a couple weeks

Maybe Coop can fix em? And then again maybe not

QUOTE (oldsox @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 03:08 PM)
Are they going to move Mitch Boggs, who got lit up again yesterday?

Perhaps. It's the minors though, they like his arm, and they want to see if he can work through these struggles. He's had success in the majors before and they are going to see if he can find it again. If he can't, it's not a big loss.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 03:31 PM)
Perhaps. It's the minors though, they like his arm, and they want to see if he can work through these struggles. He's had success in the majors before and they are going to see if he can find it again. If he can't, it's not a big loss.

There is no need until someone is pushing for the roster spot.