White Sox @ Rangers 2:05 PM - CSN

Hawkfan

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 08:53 PM)
Done at 50 points. Out of curiosity, how many points would it take for you not to take the bet? Feel like I came on a little strong with 50.

I wouldn't have gone under 40

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 03:56 PM)
Whaaaat the crap is going on...are they saying he...like...leaned into the pitch? Like Crede in Baltimore several years ago?

No, they said he swung at the pitch on the appeal, which he clearly didn't.

I guess I'm missing something. The ball clearly hit SOMETHING. So even if he swung it would have to be a foul ball, would it not? Under what interpretation of a rule can a ball hit something and be a swing-and-miss?

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 03:58 PM)
I guess I'm missing something. The ball clearly hit SOMETHING. So even if he swung it would have to be a foul ball, would it not? Under what interpretation of a rule can a ball hit something and be a swing-and-miss?

If the ball hit his hand and he swung it's still a swing and a k. He clearly didnt swing though.

Edited by Rowand44

The ball hit him but he swung is what they are calling.

Yeah I don't understand either. He either got hit by the pitch or it was foul.. I think the umps said he swung and it hit him so there fore he is out. But a lot of people say the hand is part of the bat so no matter what it was at least a foul ball