Jose Abreu general discussion

Feeky Magee

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im kind of torn between the two because i always think a player that plays everyday has more value than a pitcher playing once a week(just my opinion, for example i rather have trout than kershaw) but at the same time tanaka hasnt struggled at all while abreu has and got hurt. if i were to guess, id say tanaka too

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 12:39 PM)
If Tanaka ends the season with a 2.02 ERA and 25 wins, he is winning the ROY, CY, and MVP.

Exactly; Strong ERA, great K numbers, etc. Add in 25 wins, which we all know isn't fully controlled by a pitcher, but it still is a strong statement. Plus hasn't it been since the late 80's since someone won that many?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 02:47 PM)
Exactly; Strong ERA, great K numbers, etc. Add in 25 wins, which we all know isn't fully controlled by a pitcher, but it still is a strong statement. Plus hasn't it been since the late 80's since someone won that many?

1990, Bob Welch.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 16, 2014 -> 07:55 PM)
Let's say that, in some hypothetical world, the Sox managed to land Tanaka last offseason in addition to Abreu - where would we be right now?

Agreeing with the people that say first.

Sale - Tanaka - Quintana at the front of the rotation, a serviceable Noesi and Danks. Bullpen is likely taxed less.

The ultimate "coulda been" rotation: Sale - Tanaka - Rodon - Quintana - Montas/Danish/Adams/Beck/EJ

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 06:03 AM)

Sale - Tanaka - Quintana at the front of the rotation, a serviceable Noesi and Danks. Bullpen is likely taxed less.

The ultimate "coulda been" rotation: Sale - Tanaka - Rodon - Quintana - Montas/Danish/Adams/Beck/EJ

I kind of disagree with this.

We would not have made the move and taken a risk on Paulino.

That would have left the rotation starting the year as Sale - Q - Tanaka - Danks - Johnson.

It would have meant that when we sent EJ down, we'd have brought Rienzo up and kept him. When Sale went on the DL, we'd have still went with Carroll.

If we had Tanaka, I honestly don't believe that we would have went for Noesi.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 12:03 AM)

Needs more Danks.... Sale-Tanaka-Rodon-Quintana-Danks would be ridiculous.