Jose Abreu general discussion

Feeky Magee

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 09:08 PM)
Dan Hayes

‏@DanHayesCSN

Jose Abreu didn't run on a wild pitch/passed ball after a 7th inning K. Robin Ventura said Abreu had been spoken to. Not concerned.

What the f*** where you thinking you lazy asshole?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 06:42 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 35m

Bovada's AL Rookie of the Year odds: Tanaka NY 2/5 Abreu Chi. 3/1 Springer Hou 7/1 Bogaerts Bos 8/1 Solarte NY 18/1 Castellanos Det 25/1

Mike Olt 1,000,000,000,000/1

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 02:46 AM)
6ip 1r 10k against the blue jays for tanaka lol :/

One thing with Tanaka, he generally only goes 6 or 7 innings, I can't remember him having a complete game at all this year. He's like the Yankees version of Max Scherzer.

QUOTE (glangon @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 03:41 AM)
One thing with Tanaka, he generally only goes 6 or 7 innings, I can't remember him having a complete game at all this year. He's like the Yankees version of Max Scherzer.

Yeah well when you strikeout as many guys as he strikes out and generally don't go that much over 100 pitches, he won't have many complete games. It's stupid anyway. Look at how many complete games Justin Verlander has. He has absolutely nothing to show for it other than starting a massive 6 year contract next season and looking like toast.

QUOTE (glangon @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 03:40 AM)
Mike Olt 1,000,000,000,000/1

Probably perfect for the AL rookie of the year. He could always get traded to an AL Club, hit 40 homers in 3 months, and win it, but yeah, a quadrillion to one is probably safe odds.

/bets $1 on Mike Olt for AL ROTY

QUOTE (glangon @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 03:41 AM)

He actually has two complete games already and averages over 7 innings per start.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 03:00 PM)
He actually has two complete games already and averages over 7 innings per start.

I never checked the stats but whenever I've payed attention to him pitching its usually between 6 and 6.2 innings pitched. It's nice too see he has 2 complete games.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 08:02 AM)
Yeah well when you strikeout as many guys as he strikes out and generally don't go that much over 100 pitches, he won't have many complete games. It's stupid anyway. Look at how many complete games Justin Verlander has. He has absolutely nothing to show for it other than starting a massive 6 year contract next season and looking like toast.

this, leyland helped contribute to his downfall lol i used to say all the time why is he still pitching if theyre winning by more than 5 in the 8th/9th and he has 100+ pitches. but leyland/JV liked to make the numbers look nicer at the end of the day i guess.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 12:52 AM)
Abreu has quickly changed from Miguel Cabrera at the plate, to Alfonso Soriano up there.

Extremely dangerous in the zone, sprays line drives all over the field, but doesn't have a prayer on low breaking balls and is lazy at times.

its fustrating how he has those great at bats lays off pitches but then especially at times with runners on, he swings and missed at 3 out of 4 pitches terribly like he has no clue up there. impatience ?

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE (glangon @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 11:03 AM)
I never checked the stats but whenever I've payed attention to him pitching its usually between 6 and 6.2 innings pitched. It's nice too see he has 2 complete games.

This is an example of the eye test failing.

Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 7m

Robin Ventura is certain that Jose Abreu knows not running after the strikeout was a mistake. Abreu admitted as much today. #WhiteSox

Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox 13m

Abreu owned up to his blunder when he failed to run Tues. "I obviously made a mistake ... It's something I will fix."

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 35s

Abreu is third-fastest player in MLB history to 20 career homers behind Wally Berger (51) and Mark McGwire (56)

South Side Sox ‏@SouthSideSox 45s

Jose Abreu just added Tim Hudson to his home run log. Previous victims include Verlander (twice), Kershaw, Price and Archer.

Christopher Kamka ‏@ckamka 1m

#WhiteSox - only franchise in MLB history with 4 different Cuban-born players with a 20+ HR season (Minoso, A.Ramirez, Viciedo, Abreu)

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 3m

Jose Abreu's HR off Tim Hudson hit the back wall of home bullpen on a line. One of hardest-hit line-drive homers I've ever seen.

Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox 55s

Abreu is also the 3rd fastest in any season to the 20 HR mark in Sox history. Thomas and Thome were faster.

Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox 1m

Abreu (58 games) is the third-fastest player in MLB history to reach 20 home runs. Wally Berger (51) and Mark McGwire (56).

Phil Rogers ‏@philgrogers 1m

Cuban oracle Peter Bjarkman predicted Jose Abreu could break Mark McGwire's rookie HR record. He's on pace for 45, 4 shy of McGwire.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 02:00 PM)
It is games played by the individuals.

The "pace" though basically predicts another DL stint for Abreu. So his "pace" for games played is much lower than it might actually be if he stays healthy the rest of the year.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 11:47 PM)
If he stays on this pace and plays in 140 games (has played in 63 of our 77, and likely will receive 7-10 off days), then he'll go 49/133. Has anyone else ever had those exact HR/RBI numbers? I thought Pujols, but he was 49/137.

Ha!