Jose Abreu general discussion

Feeky Magee

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His hitting streak was snapped today. He had a solid liner to deep center but Jones made a great catch. He also would've had a couple more at-bats, but Leury Garcia pinch-ran for him in the ninth.

This was dumb. I hated it when Ozzie did it and I hate it when Robin does it. Don't pinch run for your best hitter in a tie game. Kills the middle of your lineup for extra innings.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 01:28 AM)
http://voices.suntimes.com/sports/abreu-th...tar-experience/

Abreu's family has been in the U.S. for two months (in Florida, one would assume Miami) and will be with him throughout the All-Star game festivities in Minnesota.

Interesting they're not in Chicago for the summer, but maybe they're more comfortable in Florida.

Awesome that his parents will be there! They haven't been to a game yet have they?

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 01:29 PM)
Well, its expensive, they live pretty far out, traffic, kids, etc......

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 02:38 PM)
Too cold, weeknight games, Bears/Bulls/Blackhawks/Fire/Spark/UFC was same night...

Some people work for a living!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 12:28 AM)
http://voices.suntimes.com/sports/abreu-th...tar-experience/

Abreu's family has been in the U.S. for two months (in Florida, one would assume Miami) and will be with him throughout the All-Star game festivities in Minnesota.

Interesting they're not in Chicago for the summer, but maybe they're more comfortable in Florida.

omg giancarlo for abreu

think he can get 30 before AS break?

edit: I realize the question is asking people if they think he can hit a home run tomorrow, but I love this man and would love to see a big round number next to his name when announced.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 05:25 PM)
think he can get 30 before AS break?

edit: I realize the question is asking people if they think he can hit a home run tomorrow, but I love this man and would love to see a big round number next to his name when announced.

He can do 30, 31, 32 Sunday.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 05:51 PM)
I'm shocked his OBP is as low as it is. If he starts getting some more walks, and can get that OBP up to about .375, he's a for-sure MVP at some point. Love it all though! This guy is a home run hitting machine.

One would think his HR rate and AVG may drop in the 2nd half, but his K's and BBs should improve as pitchers start to pitch around him more. May lead to weaker contact, but more walks if he can lay off them, which he has really improved upon in July.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 13, 2014 -> 10:02 AM)
Jose Abreu leads baseball in, according to ESPN HR tracker, in "just enough" home runs with 13. Second place is 10.

Ha I can't believe they keep track of that. Naturally I never heard of it until a Sox player is leading the league in HR's. I don't know if its me or does that seem like east coast bias in the most subtle kind of way ? Kind of like Abreu is just lucky until some real HR hitter , naturally from an East team can emerge.