White Sox @ Tigers - WCIU 6:08 PM

Hawkfan

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 07:22 PM)
Hard to blame them when you have a split here despite the several replays.

I think the roll in the glove was enough to call him safe.

It is probably another call that wouldn't have been changed no matter what was called.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 07:24 PM)
I wonder what the cryptic comment, "I wonder who's back in New York?" meant. Stone responded, "I have no idea."

I am not sure, but I think they have a regular crew or two that sit and watch games as replay umps. For instance, thiscrew might have a replay assignment after this series.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 07:26 PM)
Sanchez is incredibly efficient today.

Low 60s through 5 innings.

Really doesn't help when Alexei swings at the first pitch and pops it up in foul territory. If you are going to swing at the first pitch make sure you at least hit it in play.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 07:27 PM)
I am not sure, but I think they have a regular crew or two that sit and watch games as replay umps. For instance, thiscrew might have a replay assignment after this series.

I didn't know that. I figured there were a few people whose sole job it was to revue replays. I didn't think active umpiring crews would take turns.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 07:25 PM)
Was hawk insinuating that MLB is screwing the Sox on purpose?

I don't think it was screwing the Sox. It was more not making your buddy look bad with a reversal. These guys are union brothers. If a couple of these guys keep getting calls reversed, that could be grounds for dismissal down the road. I am just guessing, but maybe he thinks guys higher up in the union may be reluctant to switch a call.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 07:30 PM)
I don't think it was screwing the Sox. It was more not making your buddy look bad with a reversal. These guys are union brothers. If a couple of these guys keep getting calls reversed, that could be grounds for dismissal down the road. I am just guessing, but maybe he thinks guys higher up in the union may be reluctant to switch a call.

Ok ya that makes much more sense and I've gotten that feeling with some of these

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 07:31 PM)
I'd like to road trip it to Detroit for a Sox series. Get my fill of coneys and crime. Looks like a great ballpark.

People say the same about The Cell. The coneys/crime part.

Edited by Jose Abreu