White Sox @ Tigers - WCIU 6:08 PM

Hawkfan

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 06:57 PM)
Very good range there from Garcia.

Of course, for him to be a regular, he would have to be nearly Gold Glove caliber at the major league level.

Garcia has some nice physical tools, but if you can turn him into a quality utility guy I think that's a win. I just don't see his defense getting to the level that will offset his lack of a hit tool.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 07:54 PM)
Velocity on that Abreu home run was "only" 93 MPH...no Verlander's best. But STILL.

Tigers' announcers seem to think the strategy with Abreu is to get him thinking inside and then trick him to the outside...at least it was in that at-bat.

Another play that COULD have been made by Jose but wasn't. Oh, well. Learning curve year.

Dude that's what Verlander ALWAYS throws early in the game.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 08:01 PM)
Garcia has some nice physical tools, but if you can turn him into a quality utility guy I think that's a win. I just don't see his defense getting to the level that will offset his lack of a hit tool.

If he were playing shortstop every day his defense could get there with what those guys hit today, but he's not working there every day so that probably does leave him as a utility guy long term.

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 07:07 PM)
His stuff is just complete garbage. Your hitting 86 on your fastball and your breaking pitches dont cross the plate. How are you in the league?

He is terrible no reason to waste seeing this guy again not a MLB pitcher at all. 5 hits in a row.