White Sox @ Tigers - WCIU 6:08 PM

Hawkfan

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 07:20 PM)
Wow, Robin really going to kill the bullpen with a five run deficit against Verlander.

Putnam needs to go more inning than Charlie or this a ridiculously stupid decision.

What is real scary is Wednesday make be Act 2.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 07:17 PM)
I agree with you Marty. Draft the best pitcher at 1-3 and sign the best free agent pitcher you can.

IMO, Shields & Masterson both make perfect sense for us. Sign one of them, draft Hoffman, and our rotation outlook from 2015 to 2019 suddenly becomes pretty awesome.

I think they are going to need three of the high-to-medium priced pitchers on the market and then take a chance on a guy for a year. Some combo of 2 starters and 2 relievers.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 08:24 PM)
I think they are going to need three of the high-to-medium priced pitchers on the market and then take a chance on a guy for a year. Some combo of 2 starters and 2 relievers.

So does everyone else here agree that we need to give up on Johnson?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 08:27 PM)
Who said anything about giving up on Johnson, that would be nuts.

The guy who wants to replace 2 starters in a 5 man rotation.

This is pretty simple. 5-2=3. One starter must be removed out of the other 4 to do that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 07:29 PM)
The guy who wants to replace 2 starters in a 5 man rotation.

This is pretty simple. 5-2=3. One starter must be removed out of the other 4 to do that.

Deal him, if not keep him and deal Q.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 01:25 AM)
So does everyone else here agree that we need to give up on Johnson?

It angers me that while most of baseball was exhaustively focusing on player drafting and development over the last several years, the previous gm was laughing at the notion of 'rebuilding'. It will be a long time before this team is a serious contender again.

And why is Komerko still on this roster?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 07:24 PM)

What's wrong with a rotation of Sale-Shields/Masterson-Quintana-Johnson-Danks? Save the rest of your money for the best left-handed bat available in free agency and a couple relievers and this team is a catcher from being a legit title contender.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 07:36 PM)
What's wrong with a rotation of Sale-Shields/Masterson-Quintana-Johnson-Danks? Save the rest of your money for the best left-handed bat available in free agency and a couple relievers and this team is a catcher from being a legit title contender.

I would love that rotation. And Q isn't going anywhere. Especially with the contract that he just got.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 06:55 PM)
1.) The Sox should not wait for Johnson to develop because of Sale's health.

2.) If Johnson does develop this year Q can be used to fill other holes.

Hell no to number 2. Why trade a good valuable pitcher. Our second best.