Sox @ Tigers, 4/23, Rienzo vs. Smyly, 6:08 on CSN+

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think keeping the three Cubans together (Viciedo and Ramirez to go along with Abreu) will be important...starting to rethink the whole idea of trading Ramirez, because we could be competitive in 2015 and 2016 with the right pitching additions (one through trade/FA, one through Hoffman/Rodon).

DeAza's days are numbered. Unfortunately, there's no one to push him right now...Danks or Mitchell, forget it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 07:24 PM)
I think keeping the three Cubans together (Viciedo and Ramirez to go along with Abreu) will be important...starting to rethink the whole idea of trading Ramirez, because we could be competitive in 2015 and 2016 with the right pitching additions (one through trade/FA, one through Hoffman/Rodon).

DeAza's days are numbered. Unfortunately, there's no one to push him right now...Danks or Mitchell, forget it.

DeAza never should of been back.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 01:24 AM)
What evidence do you have of that? He's made some bad pitches. All pitchers do that.

Just like with Erik Johnson, you don't see a lot of righty starters who top out at 91 mph with mediocre control.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 07:32 PM)
Oh, I must have mistaken the pitch speed for pitch count when I saw 87 up there.

He has been good up until the 4th.. I am not going to judge his start based off of one inning. If he gives us 6 innings with 4 runs that is a big improvement over what Paulino was giving us