Sox @ Tigers, Quintana vs. Scherzer, 4/24, 12:08, CSN

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 02:58 PM)
I wish we pinch hit for Gordon. That would probably take not having a mascot on the bench though and not f***ing up our DL issue which is too much to ask I guess.

Or just not having Gordon on the roster.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 01:56 PM)
He's still has final approval, and if an ESPN story is correct, he vetoed Hahn last year on a Middlebrooks for Peavy deal. , If you don't think Cooper is the most powerful pitching coach in baseball and only responsible for the good, and every think you think is wrong is Ventura's idea, you're more than a little off.

Do you have a link to the Middlebrooks thing?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 03:58 PM)
I wish we pinch hit for Gordon. That would probably take not having a mascot on the bench though and not f***ing up our DL issue which is too much to ask I guess.

I think the only way anyone would risk PHing for Gordon right now is if Konerko is ready to take over 2b. Leury could do it but he's literally the only backup for what, 6 positions right now?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 07:59 PM)
I think the only way anyone would risk PHing for Gordon right now is if Konerko is ready to take over 2b. Leury could do it but he's literally the only backup for what, 6 positions right now?

Gillaspie could play defensively

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 02:59 PM)

I would've taken Leury PH in that situation, it's not as crazy as it sounds

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 08:59 PM)

Yep. That's why having PK there and/or not DLing Connor kills us. We're playing with a 22 or 23 man roster practically.