Sox @ Tigers, Quintana vs. Scherzer, 4/24, 12:08, CSN

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 03:17 PM)
While I acknowledge this team is rebuilding, I'm going to root for this team and enjoy this season with some hope of the postseason as long as I can---because I'm a fan.

a fan can mean many things. let's call you an optimist instead.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 08:20 PM)
He probably hasnt seen many sliders like he is now. Give him time, hes an amazing hitter.

Yep, and the good news is that with his power being up the middle right now, he's going to start punishing hangers.

I'm happy with the split in Detroit considering we gave Detroit a game. If Danks wasn't a defensive wizard, he'd be a goat. He should not be hitting first. I don't know how long of a leash Beckham has but I'd rather have Gilaspie's bat in the lineup.

Let's face it. It's a miracle the Sox are close to .500. Once the hitting cools off we're still a 90-95 loss team. The split was a nice miracle in Detroit. Like I said, a miracle.

Our only hope of remaining close to .500 is if Abreu, Viciedo and Dunn and Lexi rake all summer and Sale can pitch. Abreu is so good that might happen.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 03:30 PM)
Let's face it. It's a miracle the Sox are close to .500. Once the hitting cools off we're still a 90-95 loss team. The split was a nice miracle in Detroit. Like I said, a miracle.

Our only hope of remaining close to .500 is if Abreu, Viciedo and Dunn and Lexi rake all summer and Sale can pitch. Abreu is so good that might happen.

Way to be positive.

It wasn't a miracle they split in Detroit. It was hitting and some occasional decent pitching. Without Leesman's horrendous start, they Sox could have taken 3 of 4. And I'm not sure the hitting will coll off to the point that they lose 95 games. I think this is an 80ish win team, especially if some of these bullpen issues get handled.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 03:24 PM)
Good split, I'm pretty happy with it.

Not gonna lie, I am pretty damn happy as well. Splitting the series in Detroit without Sale, Eaton, Gillaspie, Avi, etc. says a lot about what this team is capable of to me. The tides are changing, this is a very fun team. I am looking very forward to watching them grow.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 03:30 PM)

You spew some of the most ignorant s*** I've ever read from a baseball fan. I realize it's a bit, but give it a rest man.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 09:00 PM)
You spew some of the most ignorant s*** I've ever read from a baseball fan. I realize it's a bit, but give it a rest man.

Obviously I approve of the split. I said before the series it would be awesome.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 09:28 PM)
I'm happy with the split in Detroit considering we gave Detroit a game. If Danks wasn't a defensive wizard, he'd be a goat. He should not be hitting first. I don't know how long of a leash Beckham has but I'd rather have Gilaspie's bat in the lineup.

I am sure his "leash" will be more then one game certainly

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 08:03 PM)
2/3 of an inning 2 hits and a walk. Looks like he's ready to close to me.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 08:04 PM)
Where's hammerhead now?

Yo, I'm right here. I'm here now.

It's only one game, man. Don't worry about it. Far better relievers than Webb have been abused by the Tigers offense.

We should be happy that Ventura actually used him correctly.