4/24 Games

caulfield12

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 09:48 PM)
Didn't like this deal when it happened, his stats aren't helping his cause now, total bust (hopefully not), couldn't hit Zach f***in Stewart last week, I've loved Reed since his days in Kanny where I saw his velocity in action, much rather have extended instead of deal him for this bum, hopefully he proves me wrong

Calling him a total bust is a bit aggressive. He's age appropriate for his level and we're 24 days into the season.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 08:23 AM)
Jon, I thought I was the only one on the board who didn't like the trade when it happened. Glad I'm not alone here. It's very easy for us to second guess the trade now, however. One of the reasons I didn't like it then was because Arizona had such a good look at him in 2013, and they didn't want him. I always thought they could have gotten more for Reed, or just have kept him.

Oldsox, I never even thought of that, I was just upset because Reed was still young, MLB-proven, and had 40 saves on last year's pathetic team and made me comfortable as a fan in the 9th. I didn't hate Davidson at first and still don't, but he's been very disappointing so far. First not even making the team out of camp and now just straight sucking at Charlotte. My hope's of him to be a young injury-free Crede are slowly dying. I'd love to just keep Connor at 3rd maybe just for this year pr until he craps out and ultimately Beckham either at 2nd or 3rd (where he was in his amazing rookie year) and Semein at the opposite.

Life without Reed has been way to tough in ChiTown. Plug him in as our closer and see how many games we'd have won and how much better our pen would be with Lindstrom as his SU. Hell, I go to bed every night praying Bobby Jenks has found the fountain of youth and would want a comeback in ChiTown. This pen is awful and should be addressed in the coming weeks.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 06:51 AM)
Oldsox, I never even thought of that, I was just upset because Reed was still young, MLB-proven, and had 40 saves on last year's pathetic team and made me comfortable as a fan in the 9th. I didn't hate Davidson at first and still don't, but he's been very disappointing so far. First not even making the team out of camp and now just straight sucking at Charlotte. My hope's of him to be a young injury-free Crede are slowly dying. I'd love to just keep Connor at 3rd maybe just for this year pr until he craps out and ultimately Beckham either at 2nd or 3rd (where he was in his amazing rookie year) and Semein at the opposite.

Life without Reed has been way to tough in ChiTown. Plug him in as our closer and see how many games we'd have won and how much better our pen would be with Lindstrom as his SU. Hell, I go to bed every night praying Bobby Jenks has found the fountain of youth and would want a comeback in ChiTown. This pen is awful and should be addressed in the coming weeks.

I always liked Reed, too. I always thought they could have gotten a lot more for him. What we'll never know is if Hahn actually shopped Reed to the rest of MLB to see what he could have gotten for him, or if Hahn actually thought Davidson was the answer as soon as Ariz offered him up for Reed.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 07:12 AM)
I always liked Reed, too. I always thought they could have gotten a lot more for him. What we'll never know is if Hahn actually shopped Reed to the rest of MLB to see what he could have gotten for him, or if Hahn actually thought Davidson was the answer as soon as Ariz offered him up for Reed.

Way too early to give up on the likes of Davidson or Hawkins, etc.

And 90% of Davidson not making the team out of ST was the Super 2...arbitration status, blah blah blah.

Giving Gillaspie more time to prove himself and build trade value, etc.. Rock Raines said Conor was one of the most popular/universally-admired guys on the team, so this whole idea of giving more time hasn't hurt Conor or Viciedo at all, for example.

Conor's looked a LOT better until the recent injury than he did for most of 2013.

As far as trade return, there were a lot of rumors out there we could have gotten Reddick from the Red Sox or a similar player in return for Santos, instead of Nestor Molina. That one's still a head-scratcher, like the Zach Stewart deal.

They might even add Conor as a DH/1B possibility in 2014 if he can continue to progress. Doesn't mean Davidson's not going to be a big part of the future here.

Edited by caulfield12