WHITE SOX WINNER

Quin

Lindstrom had a very un-Lindstrom night except for the posts complaining and calling for Ventura's head for inserting him into the game. He gave up a homer, which is rare for him, and struck out the side, which doubled his k total for the season.

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 11:22 PM)
Abreu's having a better start than Puig did. But we don't need Abreumania, ESPN.

Puig is crazy and Abreu is the total opposite. What a team they had in Cienfuegos with those two and the new Dodgers SS Erisbel Arruebarruena. The Elephants now have another young outfielder who might be MLB talent. They never went to the Cuban finals though. They kind of choke in the Playoffs though Puig was much younger.

Edited by Cubano

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 26, 2014 -> 07:24 AM)
I think Abreu is going to cost me a couple hundred bucks, because I may have to buy MLBEI just to watch him hit.

I got it this year. Even though our pitching is shaky, it's been worth it. Fun year through all the injuries and drama.

Believe it or not, the Sox are in the second wildcard spot with a .500 record. Even with injuries, holes in the rotation, and a terrible bullpen, they've managed to get wins.

Some of the offensive players will regress some, but I think this team can hang in there. They're certainly watchable over the last couple years of suck.

QUOTE (OsweGo-Go Sox @ Apr 26, 2014 -> 01:57 PM)
Adam Eaton is a f***in' insane weirdo. Sprinting to first after a walk, using "This Is How We Do It" as his walkup...

I love it.

just like pete rose use to do ..... I believe that is how he got his nickname as Charlie hustle

QUOTE (Cubano @ Apr 26, 2014 -> 02:15 PM)
Puig is crazy and Abreu is the total opposite. What a team they had in Cienfuegos with those two and the new Dodgers SS Erisbel Arruebarruena. The Elephants now have another young outfielder who might be MLB talent. They never went to the Cuban finals though. They kind of choke in the Playoffs though Puig was much younger.

hey Cubano .... any interesting pitchers we should look out for coming from cuba ?????

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 11:49 PM)
Of course, but he's got a solid 6-7 years in him, especially at a low impact zone in 1B.

We got a good one on our hands.

Focus on the system, develop, make 1-2 creative moves in the off-season, get Garcia back, and next season start making some headway on an above .500 record. By 2016, this team may be ready to make a move.

Hmm, isnt there enough AL parity where perhaps we can look at 2015? I mean even this year, i dont wanna go nuts but..........for peanuts we got Liriano/Youkilis/Myers in trades, so if it's for unimportant prospects, we might be willing to even take on some people..this year

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 26, 2014 -> 01:31 PM)
Believe it or not, the Sox are in the second wildcard spot with a .500 record. Even with injuries, holes in the rotation, and a terrible bullpen, they've managed to get wins.

Some of the offensive players will regress some, but I think this team can hang in there. They're certainly watchable over the last couple years of suck.

2012 was fun broman.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 26, 2014 -> 08:48 AM)
Being at the game last night, I really couldn't tell what happened with Konerko and Balfour. Did Balfour say something to Konerko?

Oh, and Jose Abreu is kinda good.

After the walk, Balfour was doing his usual barking while walking toward the plate. Konerko said after the game that when somebody is yelling something that close to you, you want to find out why....so Konerko may have asked him what he's yelling about...and Balfour acted like Balfour.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 26, 2014 -> 08:42 AM)
2012 was fun broman.

It was ok. They got wins up until the last couple weeks, but I haven't really connected to a Sox team in a while.

Eaton and Abreu have added a new energy that makes this team a lot more fun to watch.

League average runs scored per game 4.46. Sox have averaged 5.58

League average runs allowed per game 4.50. Sox have averaged 5.50.

Rotation ERA 5.25

Bullpen ERA 5.20

It will be interesting to see where these numbers are after Game 54, rather than Game 24.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 26, 2014 -> 12:31 AM)
I don't want to be the rain on the parade, but the pitchers will "figure out" Abreu first.

To be the sunshine, I don't think you can figure him out. This motherf***er has 9 jacks, and 3 multi-homer games.

Dude's just dialed. Anyone unhappy about that one?

I know someone who isn't convinced he is the real deal

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2014 -> 05:17 AM)
Jose Abreu is just disgusting. My word that man is strong and clutch.

Suck it Grant Balfour. Don't f*** with Paul Konerko.

Agreed! That was all on Balfour too. I have never known Paul Konerko to exchange words with a pitcher like that. Konerko is a true professional.