4/27 Games

flavum

Ravelo is a f***ing beast. Had a slash line of .309/.466/.509/.975 coming into today's game. So far today he's 2-3 with two doubles. He just turned 22 years old which means more and more of those doubles will turn into HRs as his body matures. I'll wait a few more months before I get too excited, but damn has been good this year.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 02:16 PM)
Ravelo is a f***ing beast. Had a slash line of .309/.466/.509/.975 coming into today's game. So far today he's 2-3 with two doubles. He just turned 22 years old which means more and more of those doubles will turn into HRs as his body matures. I'll wait a few more months before I get too excited, but damn has been good this year.

And, can he stay healthy...so 2 question marks.

Too bad he's not left-handed.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 04:16 PM)

Haven't we kinda already been saying that for him for a couple years now?

Ravelo killing it. 3 doubles, OPS over 1K.

He turned 22 three days ago. Is it too late to try him again at 3B? That could potentially solve some issues.

And Hawkins goes yard again after 2 walks - promising.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

8 walks and 7 homers on the season for Hawkins...

From what I've seen out of Hawkins, he does have more of a pronounced hitch in his swing, but that was more last season...haven't seen many of his at-bats this year.

Not about bat speed with him, but pitch recognition and adjustment.

DiMichele had a heckuva game, 4/4, two doubles and a homer, to go along with an RBI and BB. Still only hitting .219, though.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 03:31 PM)
Haven't we kinda already been saying that for him for a couple years now?

Yes, and as a first baseman it's very tough to make it.

How about Joey DeMichele today though? He was 10-60 entering tonight's game and went 5-5 with 2 doubles, a homer and two stolen bases to boot. Scored five runs for a Dash record. Good for him. He's really faded off the prospect radar, but maybe there's still some life in him.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 06:22 PM)
Yes, and as a first baseman it's very tough to make it.

How about Joey DeMichele today though? He was 10-60 entering tonight's game and went 5-5 with 2 doubles, a homer and two stolen bases to boot. Scored five runs for a Dash record. Good for him. He's really faded off the prospect radar, but maybe there's still some life in him.

.167 to .231 in one game when you're almost in May is pretty darned cool.

That said, we have five million middle infield prospects, so it's not really anything to get that excited about, except for his career personally. Maybe he can turn things around and make a run up into BIRM.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 06:33 PM)
Carlos Sanchez had three singles and is quietly moving closer to .300.

Forgotten man with Semien and Johnson, but he could be a solid utility guy.

Ultimately it's going to be a battle with him and Garcia for that final utility spot...depending on what happens with Keppinger eventually.

The only way Sanchez could be a starter would be at SS, playing nearly GG defense and OPSing 650-675 (essentially what Alexei was giving us the last couple of seasons). He doesn't have enough pop for 2B.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 08:10 PM)
Ultimately it's going to be a battle with him and Garcia for that final utility spot...depending on what happens with Keppinger eventually.

The only way Sanchez could be a starter would be at SS, playing nearly GG defense and OPSing 650-675 (essentially what Alexei was giving us the last couple of seasons). He doesn't have enough pop for 2B.

Since when is 2B more of a pop position then SS?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 08:10 PM)

Also, what if Saladino doesn't come back down to Earth?

Sanchez, L. Garcia, Semien, Saladino- how are they generally ranked at SS defense?

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 09:09 PM)
Since when is 2B more of a pop position then SS?

I agree and in addition to that Sanchez won't be 22 until after the draft so there is plenty of time for him to grow and develop. His glove is already well above average at 2B and i wouldn't be surprised to see him as a tick above average at short, power is always the last tool to develop and the fact that he is showing competency at the plate and translating his VWL results are very encouraging. He could develop into something special in the MI due to his age and tools, something like Erick Aybar.