Will Sox be buyers, not sellers, at the trade deadline?

VAfan

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2014 -> 12:16 PM)
If I told Soxtalk in the pre-season that on May 1, Viciedo and Ramirez would be 1/2 in the batting average leaders, and that FLowers would have been on that list had he had enough PA's, how hard would you have laughed?

Or except for Adam Dunn (I am not counting Jor Danks due to ABs) Viciedo would have the highest walk rate on the team, would people have laughed or cried?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2014 -> 05:16 PM)
If I told Soxtalk in the pre-season that on May 1, Viciedo and Ramirez would be 1/2 in the batting average leaders, and that FLowers would have been on that list had he had enough PA's, how hard would you have laughed?

I wouldn't have laugh .... but I would've asked where you getting that thing you are smoking.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 08:36 PM)
Bull. Maybe he doesn't bring back a lot in a trade but he's certainly an asset to this team.

Not really, he isnt going to be on the roster when we have a chance at contending, he's a trade asset, nothing more.

I read on MLBTR that the A's might be looking to add starters. If we fall out of contention, which is possible with Eaton probably hitting the dl for a while, do you guys think it could make sense to deal Danks to them to clear his salary and bring something in for him? The A's now are paying Jim Johnson $10 mill to pitch in relief and he is a free agent after this season so paying Danks a few extra mill to start after this season doesn't seem like a huge deal to them. He may actually succeed better in that ballpark. Of course, this is all dependent on how we are doing in June/July. What do you guys think?

QUOTE (chisoxfan310 @ May 3, 2014 -> 10:29 AM)
I read on MLBTR that the A's might be looking to add starters. If we fall out of contention, which is possible with Eaton probably hitting the dl for a while, do you guys think it could make sense to deal Danks to them to clear his salary and bring something in for him? The A's now are paying Jim Johnson $10 mill to pitch in relief and he is a free agent after this season so paying Danks a few extra mill to start after this season doesn't seem like a huge deal to them. He may actually succeed better in that ballpark. Of course, this is all dependent on how we are doing in June/July. What do you guys think?

The A's have always been budget-conscious, Johnson notwithstanding. There's no way they take his (Danks') salary obligations on at this point.

Until/unless they get a new stadium, they're not going to be in a position to add that type of contract to their payroll.

Edited by caulfield12