5/1 Games

flavum

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 2, 2014 -> 03:30 PM)
He came over in the Peavy/Garcia deal. The kid is supposed to be one of the best gloves in all of baseball, with no bat at all. The hope is for him to do some hitting, and if that is the case he might fast track himself to Chicago.

Thanks

QUOTE (LDF @ May 2, 2014 -> 10:29 AM)
I was trying to find the write up about Cleuluis Rondon in the future sox top 25 prospects...

is it there? what is the prospect details on him?

Until his good start this year, he didn't even have enough bat to rank. A full good year should, I imagine, get him on the radar for next year for sure.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ May 2, 2014 -> 03:43 PM)
Until his good start this year, he didn't even have enough bat to rank. A full good year should, I imagine, get him on the radar for next year for sure.

many thanks. I would love to know more about him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 2, 2014 -> 10:30 AM)
He came over in the Peavy/Garcia deal. The kid is supposed to be one of the best gloves in all of baseball, with no bat at all. The hope is for him to do some hitting, and if that is the case he might fast track himself to Chicago.

This year he is hitting really well albeit at Low A. The thing is though, if he hits at all he will be a big leaguer. His glove is that good.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 2, 2014 -> 09:53 AM)
This year he is hitting really well albeit at Low A. The thing is though, if he hits at all he will be a big leaguer. His glove is that good.

Well, I wouldn't quite say "really well", his wRC+ is 87. That said, if he hits that in the majors, you're ecstatic.

Baseball Prospectus dude:

Ethan Purser ‏@EthanPurser Apr 30

I'm running out of adjectives with which to describe Cleuluis Rondon's defensive ability. It's sensual.

And in case people missed it, Nathaniel Stoltz did a great write-up of him here:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/prospect-wa...don-and-garcia/

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 2, 2014 -> 01:20 PM)
So if Rondon becomes Rey Ordonez, how would people feel about that?

If he reaches the majors in any capacity, it's a win. He was the back-end throw-in from the Peavy trade, and couldn't (and still may not) hit at all.

That Peavy deal looks pretty darn good, even with the Garcia injury. Montas is an intriguing arm who should return from DL soon, Rondon is truly special defensively, Wendelken is doing the try-as-starter thing but has a decent chance to be an OK reliever. Then you have Avisail. All for 1.5 years of Peavy, with a team who wasn't going to contend.