Sex Pistols

The Critic

Went to see the Sex Pistols show last night at the Aragon.

( Ticket was a gift for my 40th birthday! Good thing, too, since it was 47 bucks!! )

Reverend Horton Heat was blah - I'm not a fan of his "psychobilly", so he couldn't get off stage soon enough for me. Highlight of his set was his lime green suit with orange flames running up it.

Next were the Dropkick Murphys. Energetic Irish punk. Good stuff, lots of running around and s***, but a little too f***ing Irish for me. They had bagpipers, River dancers, Irish folk songs playing.............did I mention that they are IRISH??? Holy f***, be MORE Irish, guys!!! Maybe have a Leprechaun throwing POTATOES or something!!!

( Side note: their bass player looked EXACTLY, and I mean EXACTLY, like RPS!!!

That was f***ing hilarious to me!!! Maury, where WERE you last night??? )

Then came the Pistols - they all looked fit and trim, except for Steve Jones, who looked like a f***ing BARREL. He lifted his shirt before the encore - I was yelling to see the Ultrasound!!

They sounded as good as you can at the Aragon - they seemed to turn the high end up a little, to try to fight the notoriously s***ty Aragon acoustics. The songs sounded good, they hold up well over time. The Pistols sounded tight, and heavier than they sounded in 1996. Johnny Rotten was in rare form - funny, sarcastic, self-effacing. The rest of the band is very workmanlike, so Johnny has to carry the load as far as "entertaining" the crowd, and he handled it well.

All in all, not a bad night of nostalgic punk - the Sex Pistols may not be musically relevant anymore, but they put on a great show!! :snr

Immaturity keeps me young!

Yep, crusty old f***er, I am....

Must be, I always figured you we're Maury's age.

Actually, I played softball with Maury's dad 20 years ago, and Maury was our batboy when he was a little snot-nosed brat!

...I've watched our little Maury grow up, and I am SO PROUD of him..........now I'm getting a little misty..........I promised myself I wouldn't cry............ :lolhitting

Actually, I played softball with Maury's dad 20 years ago, and Maury was our batboy when he was a little snot-nosed brat!

...I've watched our little Maury grow up, and I am SO PROUD of him..........now I'm getting a little misty..........I promised myself I wouldn't cry............ :lolhitting

That's a made for tv movie!

Next were the Dropkick Murphys. Energetic Irish punk. Good stuff, lots of running around and s***, but a little too f***ing Irish for me. They had bagpipers, River dancers, Irish folk songs playing.............did I mention that they are IRISH??? Holy f***, be MORE Irish, guys!!! Maybe have a Leprechaun throwing POTATOES or something!!!

( Side note: their bass player looked EXACTLY, and I mean EXACTLY, like RPS!!!

That was f***ing hilarious to me!!! Maury, where WERE you last night??? )

Dropkick Murphys ROCK!!!! :headbang :headbang :headbang

They play every year along with the Southside Irish Parade. it's great seeing peoples reaction to them. Especially when they sing an irish folk song. I think seeing them is an experience everyone should have once in thier life.