Noesi probably starting Tue

southsider2k5

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2014 -> 09:02 PM)
Yet Petricka and Webb have been asked to go long in games. Another thing is that by destroying your bullpen with these type of games, it could put unnecessary stress on the arms of other starters because they have to go longer due to a banged-up bullpen.

Again, welcome to rebuilding. I'm not sure why people are surprised that this isn't easy.

Dumping Noesi or risking losing him is also silly if they think he's fixable.

It's not like there's a long list of potential starters that are waiting in the wings in AA and AAA currently being blocked by his presence on the roster at the moment.

If we're arguing that Dylan Axelrod gives us a better chance to win or rest the bullpen...that's not exactly going to be the most compelling argument in the world after how he looked the second half of 2014 when advanced scouting and hitters figured him out (just like they are likely to do with Carroll as well).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (flavum @ May 3, 2014 -> 08:20 PM)
Cubs series is looking like this:

Mon- Quintana vs Samardzjia

Tue- Noesi vs Jackson

Wed- Wood vs Danks

Thu- Arrieta vs Carroll

Arrieta had great stuff today. Hopefully he struggles next week trying to rebound from his first start.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 7, 2014 -> 11:39 AM)
Could be Noesi vs this guy on Sunday...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/p...id=anders011cha

(I miss the catch-all)

I like you flavum but you are the reason the catch all is a bad idea. You post interesting stuff all the time but then decide to inexplicably bury it in other threads. That said yeah that right there pprobably just belongs here.

I have watched both Noesi starts albeit over WGN. His first game was pretty decent over three innings. He blew up in the 4th which was not surprising considering he only pitched in relief and had been idle for a bit. Tuesday game versus the Cubs was different. He looked sharp. I am just as bad as anyone by complaining over picking up waiver guys but the Sox have had pretty decent success with that. I guess maybe it's time to trust the professionals