5/3 Games

flavum

Off Ricky Romero-

Hernandez single, Sanchez RBI double, Phegley single, Davidson sac fly, Phipps walk, Liddi single (Phegley out at home), Tekotte walk, Saladino ground out

All that for 2 runs.

And now Paulino...

QUOTE (flavum @ May 3, 2014 -> 10:27 AM)
Is it wrong I want Paulino to get torched today?

Probably, the more options we have to choose from for the next five months, the better off we are...he's got the stuff, it's not like we are talking Axelrod, Surkamp or Doyle here.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 3, 2014 -> 12:29 PM)
Probably, the more options we have to choose from for the next five months, the better off we are...he's got the stuff, it's not like we are talking Axelrod, Surkamp or Doyle here.

I just don't trust Paulino to make it back up and do anything positive.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 3, 2014 -> 07:37 PM)
Carlos Sanchez is having a pretty nice season so far. If the Sox don't have room for him over the next year, he might be a nice trade piece.

Problem with him is he has Jason Tyner-esque power. As you said, he should definitely be a trade chip as he's the 3rd best 2nd base prospect Sox have (Johnson, Semien).

QUOTE (flavum @ May 3, 2014 -> 02:55 PM)
Nice "relief" appearance by Surkamp

6 ip, 5 h, 2 er, 1 bb, 7 k

Purcey came in and lost it in the 9th.

Purcey gave up 3 hits, 2 runs, got no outs. Reminds of a ST game where he really got tattoed.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 3, 2014 -> 07:10 PM)
Ravelo is a guy who doesn't get a lot of attention. I get that hasn't hit homers, but the numbers he's putting up so far are outstanding and he's young for his level. I hope he doesn't turn out to be a Jeff Abbott-type.

He has been getting tons of attention by Soxtalk

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 3, 2014 -> 06:10 PM)
Ravelo is a guy who doesn't get a lot of attention. I get that hasn't hit homers, but the numbers he's putting up so far are outstanding and he's young for his level. I hope he doesn't turn out to be a Jeff Abbott-type.

He's been mentioned a lot on here and Fangraphs have had a couple of articles about him. The big issue with him is where he plays if the bat is major-league ready.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 3, 2014 -> 07:37 PM)
He's been mentioned a lot on here and Fangraphs have had a couple of articles about him. The big issue with him is where he plays if the bat is major-league ready.

What positions do you think guys like Ravelo, Semien, and Mi. Johnson end up playing in three years?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2014 -> 07:52 PM)
Johnson 2B, Semien util, Ravelo doesn't make it

I think Semien will hit and his best position is 2B. Johnson in left maybe? I don't think the Sox would go with Johnson and Eaton in left and center not enough power for the cell.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 3, 2014 -> 06:51 PM)
What positions do you think guys like Ravelo, Semien, and Mi. Johnson end up playing in three years?

Ravelo is really only a 1B/DH type I fear, Micah might not stick at second and could have to move to the outfield, Semien probably 2B.