5/6 Games

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 6, 2014 -> 10:36 AM)
If you would of told me that Kanny had a better record than our other 3 teams, I would of called you crazy.

Big start for Beck and Hanson today.

I don't think I would have said it before the season, but I look forward to Kannapolis box scores and reports. That's an exciting team.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 6, 2014 -> 11:05 AM)
Sure thing.

Engel has been tearing it up there after a slow start.

Anything from Cleluis Rondon is exciting.

Trey Michalczewski is playing like an on base monster. 127 PAs, 13.4% BB% and he's gotten HBP for four times. He was at 10.4% BB% last year in 222 PAs. Really advanced approach from a kid who just turned 19.

Between Trey, Engel, and Rondon I really like what I see so far this season. Dykstra and Danish have been impressive as well.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2014 -> 11:57 AM)
http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?s...&pid=493159

Who the hell is this guy for the Cubs' Iowa affiliate? He has been on an unreal run so far this year. Smoke and mirrors? He was with Norfolk the last two seasons.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/...-tsuyoshi-wada/

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 6, 2014 -> 01:36 PM)
I think it is safe to assume that he will be a No. 4 or 5-type starter at best. Maybe just a bullpen arm. Doesn't miss bats.

Right now, he's basically Charlie Shirek.

But it is early to be putting a ceiling on him just yet. He's not been in the minors very long yet. He's a bigger, stronger kid than Shirek was, and he's got time to improve his offspeed stuff as well.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 6, 2014 -> 12:36 PM)
I think it is safe to assume that he will be a No. 4 or 5-type starter at best. Maybe just a bullpen arm. Doesn't miss bats.

Generally not good enough to get real excited about. It's definitely a disappointment.