5/7 vs Cubs

flavum

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 7, 2014 -> 07:36 PM)
seriously, john danks has f***ing nothing. If the Cubs can't hit him, they should probably cancel the rest of their MLB season.'

lol, and a swing through a grooved 87mph fastball. Man, I could hit that.

He really doesn't have much control over his pitches... I couldn't even tell you if he has thrown a cutter well

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 7, 2014 -> 07:38 PM)
He really doesn't have much control over his pitches... I couldn't even tell you if he has thrown a cutter well

It's great the one time the Sox actually gamble on a long term contract for a starter this happens.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 7, 2014 -> 07:03 PM)
I sort of hoped Huff was in the booth again. He was pretty good last night, and it's clear Stone is a better broadcaster without Hawk.

Don't get me wrong - I love Hawk - and him calling a win is fantastic, but last night was kind of nice as well.

Huff is terrible. All he did the whole night was ask Steve Stone questions. He does the same thing in the booth with Hawk. He barely has an opinion of his own, and brings no sort of insight or excitement to the booth.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 7, 2014 -> 07:43 PM)
So Danks still hasn't given up a hit, yet we have several posts saying he has nothing and one poster saying he can hit him.

dude, do you watch the games are just react to what people say on the game thread? He's throwing meat at 87 and can't control his off speed stuff. He just got lit up for a double after a walk to a s***, s*** lineup. He came in to the day bb/9 of over 5.

Do you think he looks good?

QUOTE (Dunt @ May 7, 2014 -> 07:44 PM)
Can't wait to have Danks for another 2 years . I threw this f***ing hard in college.

Danks contract is a big albatross. Kenny made a huge mistake on that deal.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 7, 2014 -> 07:47 PM)
dude, do you watch the games are just react to what people say on the game thread? He's throwing meat at 87 and can't control his off speed stuff. He just got lit up for a double after a walk to a s***, s*** lineup. He came in to the day bb/9 of over 5.

Do you think he looks good?

He is fine. They have hit 1 ball hard. You don't have to throw 95 to be effective.