5/7 Games

flavum

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 7, 2014 -> 08:21 AM)
Plenty of time to get to Chicago after the game ends.

That's true, but do you really think they'd make him play this morning if they wanted him in Chicago tonight? I really doubt that.

My guess is that Danks will go down and Semien will stay for now. Then Semien will go down when Keppinger is ready.

My guess would be that:

Gillaspie replaces Sierra

Eaton replaces Danks

Keppinger replaces Semien

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 7, 2014 -> 10:34 AM)
Sierra has no options though. He'd have to go through waivers.

Also, they already have DeAza and Eaton for LH. I think they will want to see if Sierra can stay as a RH outfield backup or platoon with DeAza.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 7, 2014 -> 10:59 AM)
I don't think he was ever in the teams plans beyond Eaton's return.

I don't think that's true, but time will tell. Sierra can be a place holder if/when De Aza/Viciedo get traded in July.

I don't think that's true, but time will tell. Sierra can be a place holder if/when De Aza/Viciedo get traded in July.

He can't be a placeholder unless he clears waivers. Even if you make him the last of the three to go, eventually he, Semien, and Danks all have to go down when Gillaspie, Eaton and Keppinger return.

Unless you are going to send LGarcia down and make Beckham the backup shortstop.

Of course, if they really like this guy I'm 100% behind cutting Keppinger loose.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 7, 2014 -> 10:59 AM)
I don't think he was ever in the teams plans beyond Eaton's return.

I think they want him as the platoon with DeAza when Eaton returns.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 7, 2014 -> 11:17 AM)
He can't be a placeholder unless he clears waivers. Even if you make him the last of the three to go, eventually he, Semien, and Danks all have to go down when Gillaspie, Eaton and Keppinger return.

Unless you are going to send LGarcia down and make Beckham the backup shortstop.

Of course, if they really like this guy I'm 100% behind cutting Keppinger loose.

I'd be cool with that.

I think they want him as the platoon with DeAza when Eaton returns.

That's a fine idea, but there is a roster crunch when Gillaspie, Keppinger and Eaton are all back.

Maybe if the Sox didn't have a backup DH on the roster . . .

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 7, 2014 -> 11:17 AM)

And Sierra didn't even make it through the AL before the Sox claimed him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2014 -> 10:35 AM)
Seth Lakso ‏@SethLakso 17m

Took Erik Johnson just six pitches to get through the fifth inning. He’s thrown 68 pitches, allowed three hits (all in 2nd) and K’d 3.

Can we get some velo, Seth?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 7, 2014 -> 09:44 AM)
Maybe EJ just had jitters?

Could but or he could have been pitching through a dead arm. I'd be curious to know what the radar readings have been. I know Robin alluded to him needing to find his stuff so maybe that meant, he was going through some problems and wasn't 100%. Maybe he wasn't in shape to start the year, not sure.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ May 7, 2014 -> 12:44 PM)
Can we get some velo, Seth?

We'd be trying to pick out the difference between a 90 average and a 92 average. I'm not sure you'd be able to do so on a minor league gun with accuracy.