Gillaspie coming off of DL?

southsider2k5

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2014 -> 10:19 AM)
Seth Lakso ‏@SethLakso 13m

Conor Gillaspie doesn’t appear to be with Knights for today’s 11:05 start. Fairly safe to assume he’s on his way to Chicago. Looked ready.

Will it be Semien going down today or Danks? Should be interesting.

QUOTE (Dunt @ May 7, 2014 -> 10:39 AM)
Would be nice to get his bat back. Gotta believe Semien is gonna be sent down.

Perspective is amazing. There is absolutely no one on here who would have even thought that coming into the season.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 7, 2014 -> 10:55 AM)
Who will play 3B vs LHP for the time being?

Gillaspie is the starter, he'll play against almost everyone. Garcia is the UTIL IF, and then Keppinger will be back soon too. Who will play 3B against lefties really isn't a concern to speak of right now.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 7, 2014 -> 10:58 AM)
Gillaspie is the starter, he'll play against almost everyone. Garcia is the UTIL IF, and then Keppinger will be back soon too. Who will play 3B against lefties really isn't a concern to speak of right now.

It should be. Gillaspie's career .ops against LHP is somewhere in the .500's. If the Sox aren't going to let Dunn face most LHP then Gillaspie sure as hell shouldn't be either.

So my question with the possible demotion of Semien is: how does that Charlotte infield shape up if Micah Johnson keeps racking in AA? Somebody is going to need to be the odd man out here sooner or later.

With Kep coming back soon, they could possibly send down Garcia first. Give Semien a day at third today, a day at second for Beckham since he too is just coming off injury, then give Semien a day off or two and then get him in at second and third and a game at short before he gets sent down because without Garcia, there is no other backup at short. Taking a few days off in the next 10 days isn't gonna kill his development like people seem to think. But this above statement is also dependent on how far Keppinger is to returning.

QUOTE (chisoxfan310 @ May 7, 2014 -> 01:10 PM)
With Kep coming back soon, they could possibly send down Garcia first. Give Semien a day at third today, a day at second for Beckham since he too is just coming off injury, then give Semien a day off or two and then get him in at second and third and a game at short before he gets sent down because without Garcia, there is no other backup at short. Taking a few days off in the next 10 days isn't gonna kill his development like people seem to think. But this above statement is also dependent on how far Keppinger is to returning.

As a utility player, I would much rather see Garcia kept on the roster vs Semien. I want him playing every single day, whether that is here or Charlotte. If he isn't starting in Chicago, I want him starting in Charlotte.

Let Garcia rot on the bench and pinch run when needed.

Did they send Semien down? This is one of my saddest days EVER as a Sox fan if that is the case. Guys like Keppinger, Dunn, Beckham will be on this team and Semien has to go back to the minors after all those clutch hits?? Bulls***. This team deserves NO attendance if that's the case.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2014 -> 12:17 PM)
As a utility player, I would much rather see Garcia kept on the roster vs Semien. I want him playing every single day, whether that is here or Charlotte. If he isn't starting in Chicago, I want him starting in Charlotte.

Let Garcia rot on the bench and pinch run when needed.

The language coming from the coaches in this article from SSS would seem to indicate that they're not terribly concerned about Marcus playing everyday, implying he can learn what he needs to in the Bigs. The roster moves will be interesting.

http://www.southsidesox.com/2014/5/7/56900...s-moises-sierra

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ May 7, 2014 -> 01:23 PM)
The language coming from the coaches in this article from SSS would seem to indicate that they're not terribly concerned about Marcus playing everyday, implying he can learn what he needs to in the Bigs. The roster moves will be interesting.

http://www.southsidesox.com/2014/5/7/56900...s-moises-sierra

Yeah and with Keppinger coming back too, it's not like he will rot here long on the MLB roster. Like I said, they can still work him in quite often around the infield (they can give Alexei one of his few days off of the season before being sent down). It'll be what? 2 weeks tops?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 7, 2014 -> 01:23 PM)
Did they send Semien down? This is one of my saddest days EVER as a Sox fan if that is the case. Guys like Keppinger, Dunn, Beckham will be on this team and Semien has to go back to the minors after all those clutch hits?? Bulls***. This team deserves NO attendance if that's the case.

Wait, what?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2014 -> 06:31 PM)
Wait, what?

I said if Semien gets sent down it is one of my saddest days ever as a Sox fan. He belongs right now. You can see it despite his batting average. He's got so many clutch hits. He does not deserve to be in the minor leagues. Trade Keppinger for a bag of balls. Trade Beckham for a bag of balls. Get rid of DeAza. Keep Semien.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 7, 2014 -> 01:33 PM)
I said if Semien gets sent down it is one of my saddest days ever as a Sox fan. He belongs right now. You can see it despite his batting average. He's got so many clutch hits. He does not deserve to be in the minor leagues. Trade Keppinger for a bag of balls. Trade Beckham for a bag of balls. Get rid of DeAza. Keep Semien.

Crazy Logic >>>>>>>>>>>> Actual Logic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 7, 2014 -> 07:35 PM)
Crazy Logic >>>>>>>>>>>> Actual Logic

How many wins is Semien responsible for? He's a breath of fresh air this season for this team.