5/8 vs Cubs

flavum

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 K's for Sox....................having to listen to Cubs guys on WGN 2 times this series is torture. Hawk/Stone should of had 1 game on WGN.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (flavum @ May 9, 2014 -> 04:49 AM)
I know it sucks, but really what other choice do they have?

Lindstrom maybe? Definitely not the guy who went 2 innings last night and is the best long reliever on the team (with Rienzo starting tomorrow).

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 9, 2014 -> 04:49 AM)
Wait....wait....wait....

Did we just throw the game in order to protect our bullpen....

Only to use our best reliever in mop up duty?

What

As I just mentioned, with Rienzo starting tomorrow, it's ridiculous to probably make Petricka unavailable for tomorrow. The last two innings are very hard to explain from Ventura's point of view, it seems.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 9, 2014 -> 04:50 AM)
What impressed you more? The .626 OPS before tonight or that straight as an arrow fastball from an A A A pitcher he crushed?

The 5 straight strikeouts and a grand slam are pretty nice returns, considering the best player in the package isn't one of the 3 involved (as I'm sure you know). I don't think Olt or Grimm are anything special though, but Ramirez has a great arm and can be a late inning reliever.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 8, 2014 -> 10:50 PM)
What impressed you more? The .626 OPS before tonight or that straight as an arrow fastball from an A A A pitcher he crushed?

Isn't he batting like. 160-180? Probably the next Bryan lahair