College football fans

Bmr31

I need your help, please. Im just getting into college football. Ive always watched the bowl games, but not a lot during the season. I just recently moved so my new teams are gonna be UNLV and USC. Anyway, i need your advice on the best way to learn the game. Websites, tv shows, etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

it's not much diffrent than NFL football. The real major gameplay diffrence is the option play.

The option is a QB draw, but he also has a back follow him......if the qb gets into trouble he will pitch it back to the tailback. Other than that, you only need one foot inbounds for a catch, once your knee hits the ground.....your down, no one needs to touch you like in the NFL. And well......i guess that's it. If youv'e got a PS2, go rent ncaa 2004, that'll teach you tons.

it's not much diffrent than NFL football.  The real major gameplay diffrence is the option play.

The option is a QB draw, but he also has a back follow him......if the qb gets into trouble he will pitch it back to the tailback.  Other than that, you only need one foot inbounds for a catch, once your knee hits the ground.....your down, no one needs to touch you like in the NFL.  And well......i guess that's it.  If youv'e got a PS2, go rent ncaa 2004, that'll teach you tons.

Maybe i wasnt clear sorry. I understand the game. What i need to know is the best sites to learn the teams, players, etc. I can find the basic sites like espn, but i was hoping for some better sites, and tv shows etc.

it's not much diffrent than NFL football.  The real major gameplay diffrence is the option play.

The option is a QB draw, but he also has a back follow him......if the qb gets into trouble he will pitch it back to the tailback.  Other than that, you only need one foot inbounds for a catch, once your knee hits the ground.....your down, no one needs to touch you like in the NFL.  And well......i guess that's it.  If youv'e got a PS2, go rent ncaa 2004, that'll teach you tons.

Maybe i wasnt clear sorry. I understand the game. What i need to know is the best sites to learn the teams, players, etc. I can find the basic sites like espn, but i was hoping for some better sites, and tv shows etc.

the best thing to do is watch college gameday at 10 am on saturdays, they go over just about every major game going on. Besides that, espn.com would be the absolute best source, because it has specific team sites within it's site.

espn.com did a lot of preview s***; you could read that or buy a preview magazine from the newsstand (ie: sporting news, street & smith's), also watch College Gameday as other people suggested, and also watch a s***load of games.

I watched the UNLV game last night, their QB, Nantkes was really impressive, as was their freakishly tall tight end Estandia (6'8", blocked a field goal and caught two TD's), plus their defense is really fast. They might not be as bad as I figured them for, but then again Toledo isn't the greatest team out there.

If you want to find a lot about a specific team the best way to do it is to go to their official website. I don't know of a school that doesn't have it's own athletic website. The good thing there is that everything is official and not rumors like you will see on other sites.

Watch as many games as possible on Saturday, and watch gameday and stuff for previews and reviews of games which will help you get a beat on college football.

If you want to know a lot about a certain time, watch em. I'm learning a ton about certain teams today by watching them play for 4 quarters, including my Illini today in St. Louis (saw that game live in st louis)

Man, Greg Jones really put one helluva hit on some guy on UNC. Lined em up knocked em over and took his helmet off. Wow

Oh yeah, that was awesome. Just exploded into the guy. They were pissed about two years ago, and took it out on the tar heels. :headbang

www.collegefootballnews.com had a lot of good stuff for previews. I don't know how good it is during the season as i just found it recently.

Another rule difference is that the clock stops after first downs, until they get the chains set.

no two minute warning, 25 instead of 40 second play clock, wider hashes (helping to enable the option), OT is different, max of 15 yards on pass interference (not spot of penalty)