• Over
    • Under

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2014 -> 09:05 PM)
Jenks and Dotel come to mind.

Marte, before Thornton.

But lasting five years is very, very unusual these days.

Saw where Nick Masset was still in the big leagues as well, I think with the Rockies. Eric Stults has had a LONG career now in the NL West, we just gave him a very limited shot in Chicago and dumped him.

You're right about Jenks and Marte. Dotel was only here for 2 years.

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (flavum @ May 9, 2014 -> 09:09 PM)
Putnam is reminding me of 1999 Keith Foulke. Not a closer, but comes in for a couple innings and usually is quick about it.

The best thing about Putnam is that his outings are nondescript.

Gillaspie really provides some nice balance to our line-up, even if we wish he could put up Davidson's power numbers.

White Sox with 18 double digit hit games (1st), and 1st or 2nd with seven times when they've scored eight runs or more. Need one run to make it eight in that category.

Rienzo has to be getting the best run support of anyone in the big leagues this season. James Baldwin/Danny Wright/Eldred-esque.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 9, 2014 -> 10:21 PM)
I think one of Gillaspie or Davidson will have to go, eventually. Likely Gillaspie. Next year, with Dunn gone, Viciedo should DH, leaving Gillaspie and Davidson battling for 3B.

The problem if Viciedo goes to DH is that we're absolutely desperate for a left handed hitter somewhere in the lineup. Eaton leads off and then we have 7 righties and De Aza somewhere in the middle.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2014 -> 09:27 PM)
The problem if Viciedo goes to DH is that we're absolutely desperate for a left handed hitter somewhere in the lineup. Eaton leads off and then we have 7 righties and De Aza somewhere in the middle.

My hope is that left handed Micah Johnson is starting by then.