Kanny Scouting Reports

ChiSoxJon

Just saw Kanny in NJ last night and can report back on the team, briefly:

- Pete Rose Jr. is a real vocal manager, and great guy that really loves his players, keeps it loose and looks just like his dad

- Adam Engel has a real nice build and appears slightly bigger than 6'1 but didn't do much yesterday

- Tyler Barnette doesn't really have anything special about him but he pitched a great game yesterday in awful conditions

- Andrew Mitchell has a great build and was throwing mid-90s in relief

- Tyler Danish, who I didn't get to see pitch even in the 'pen seems really short (like not even 6 ft), but seems like he's of high energy

- Omar Narvaez has a great swing and a decent amount of pop but a pretty strange stocky build

- Danny Hayes reminds me of a skinnier Dan Black, also displayed a lot of pop

- Thomore may breakout this season, looked great yesterday and has great stats, not too much power but makes hard contact

- Thomore, Hayes, and Engel all have similar builds

- Shyrock is real tiny and didn't do much yesterday

- Williams has a lazy swing, somewhat half-ass like 2011 Dunn

- Trey Michalczewski is probably the top prospect on this team, great hitter, great stats, and played amazing D yesterday, makes play look easy even in rough conditions

- Rondon didn't do much offensively or defensively yesterday but looked Alexei-like defensively in between innings fielding

- Jose Brito appears WAY taller than 6'0 and about 20 pounds below 175 lbs, real lanky and was throwing real well, strange mechanics and wind-up

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ May 9, 2014 -> 03:45 PM)
Just saw Kanny in NJ last night and can report back on the team, briefly:

- Pete Rose Jr. is a real vocal manager, and great guy that really loves his players, keeps it loose and looks just like his dad

- Adam Engel has a real nice build and appears slightly bigger than 6'1 but didn't do much yesterday

- Tyler Barnette doesn't really have anything special about him but he pitched a great game yesterday in awful conditions

- Andrew Mitchell has a great build and was throwing mid-90s in relief

- Tyler Danish, who I didn't get to see pitch even in the 'pen seems really short (like not even 6 ft), but seems like he's of high energy

- Omar Narvaez has a great swing and a decent amount of pop but a pretty strange stocky build

- Danny Hayes reminds me of a skinnier Dan Black, also displayed a lot of pop

- Thomore may breakout this season, looked great yesterday and has great stats, not too much power but makes hard contact

- Thomore, Hayes, and Engel all have similar builds

- Shyrock is real tiny and didn't do much yesterday

- Williams has a lazy swing, somewhat half-ass like 2011 Dunn

- Trey Michalczewski is probably the top prospect on this team, great hitter, great stats, and played amazing D yesterday, makes play look easy even in rough conditions

- Rondon didn't do much offensively or defensively yesterday but looked Alexei-like defensively in between innings fielding

- Jose Brito appears WAY taller than 6'0 and about 20 pounds below 175 lbs, real lanky and was throwing real well, strange mechanics and wind-up

Good to hear about Trey M's D. Really hope he can stick at hot corner.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ May 9, 2014 -> 05:52 PM)
Good to hear about Trey M's D. Really hope he can stick at hot corner.

Same here, I was really impressed, great glove and range, I know he's young but he should move up hopefully to WS by the summer