Game Thread 5/12: SOX @ OAK

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2014 -> 11:04 PM)
And that's why you don't want your worst hitter getting the most ABs. Good job Robin

There's just no way you don't have Semien hitting there over Garcia.

If you don't have any confidence in him, then send him to Charlotte. Period.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2014 -> 12:06 AM)

Do not get Garcia hitting either. Maybe Semien is hurt only reason he does not hit to me?

Edited by Soxfest

Nieto was better off hitting for himself. (C'mon Robin, your acting like this team is competing this year.. ;))

I will agree with Hawk though. Last year down 4 runs, we would've mailed it in. These guys are stubborn.. in a good way.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 12, 2014 -> 11:06 PM)
Do not get Garcia hitting either.

Obviously, he had plenty of time to think about it.

He had already used Sierra, Konerko and Flowers. Just idiotic. I don't care if Dunn was going to be in the OF, if you've followed the White Sox for 40 games this year, Semien was the much better bet to come through.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 13, 2014 -> 12:07 AM)
Awful. He is clueless when it comes to lineup construction. Actually he is clueless about quite a bit.

I do not understand half of what RV does. Hitting or pitching wise.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2014 -> 12:04 AM)
And that's why you don't want your worst hitter getting the most ABs. Good job Robin

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 13, 2014 -> 12:05 AM)
Is Semien hurt? I haven't heard. Woulda been nice to see Mr. Clutch get a shot at the flamethrowing lefty.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2014 -> 12:05 AM)
Garcia just isn't a big league player.

If Robin can manage in the big leagues without spending a day coaching in the minors, I guess it's not surprising Garcia is on the Sox major league roster.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2014 -> 12:06 AM)

He should've been in Charlotte as soon as Beckham (and Gillaspie to an extent) came off the DL. I don't like him at 3B either. Hopefully we see the Semien-Johnson combo at AAA. Let them both grow together and learn each others tendencies in the infield down there.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 13, 2014 -> 12:07 AM)
We have now lost 6 straight games at that hell hole.

Seems like If it is a 4 game series Sox win 1 and a 3 game series they get swept at Oakland. I always call it house of horrors for Sox. Sox have also lost in the most weird ways at Oakland.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2014 -> 11:09 PM)
What I don't get was wasting Dunn and Sierra by pulling Dunn in the 9th as a run that didn't matter

Illogical. Maybe he knew he wasn't going to pinch-hit Sierra, but Sierra's actually been the hotter hitter than either Garcia or Semien the last 7-10 days. You can avoid (or try to avoid) the double play ball with Viciedo at the plate, but that wasn't even the tying run yet, Alexei Ramirez was.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 12, 2014 -> 11:12 PM)
Yep. He is in his 3rd year! Wtfkinda move is that and it screwed them ran out of players (again).

I would be willing to bet about any amount of money that Ventura's not the manager the next time the White Sox manage to reach the playoffs.