5/14 games

NorthSideSox72

Terry Doyle is 28 year old putting up a 6+ ERA, batters hitting nearly .300 against him and nothing stand-out in his peripherals. This is his 4th year in AA or higher. At this point I'd think they should just release him, put Recchia in there and move Sanchez to Recchia's spot. Doyle was just org filler, but at least you can give the somewhat younger guys a shot to show something. Also frees a spot in Kanny for Brennan to come back or Ball to get going.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ May 14, 2014 -> 04:03 PM)
Barons lose in a rain shortened game. They were beaten by an RBI double by Juan Silverio (yes that Juan Silverio).

Oh man, I didn't even realize he wasn't in our system anymore. We signed him when he was like 16 or something. I guess in 2013 with the Reds High-A and AA, he hit .287 with 19 HR and 31 2B.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 14, 2014 -> 04:11 PM)
Oh man, I didn't even realize he wasn't in our system anymore. We signed him when he was like 16 or something. I guess in 2013 with the Reds High-A and AA, he hit .287 with 19 HR and 31 2B.

Yeah we traded him for the legendary Cody Puckett in 2013. He was signed in 2007(!) out of the DR during the Wilder scandal years I believe.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 14, 2014 -> 04:11 PM)

He walked 11 times in 534 plate appearances.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 14, 2014 -> 06:52 PM)
I know Tim Anderson is coming off an injury, but he needs to get it cranked up.

13 errors too.

Anderson is always going to be one of those players who won't look great statistically in the minors...but the hope is one day that the whole athletic package will just click in terms of baseball skills/performance/results. (Yes, it seems like we've been saying that for decades now about numerous hitting prospects).

I wouldn't worry about error totals until AA.

If they have to move him off SS (to 2B, 3B or OF), that's when we can start to worry a bit.

Actually, if he could translate his speed into steals (which he hasn't done at a high clip like Johnson), he could be a Chone Figgins "jack of all trades" type with more power and a bit less speed who could play all over the field like a Zobrist.

I'm sure that's not the preferable outcome, though, for the front office.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jake @ May 15, 2014 -> 01:12 AM)
For f***'s sake Davidson. I'm a pretty optimistic guy, but can you please not be like every other promising offensive player the White Sox get who always play worse than they ever have?

He's been unable to string together good at bats since the first week of the season. For now, Gillaspie seems to be the 3B of the present and future for this organization.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 15, 2014 -> 01:52 AM)
I know Tim Anderson is coming off an injury, but he needs to get it cranked up.

13 errors too.

I like Anderson and think he has potential, but jeez, it's too bad JP Crawford didn't fall one more spot. He's getting a ton of praise.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2014 -> 07:53 PM)
I like Anderson and think he has potential, but jeez, it's too bad JP Crawford didn't fall one more spot. He's getting a ton of praise.

It's getting confusing now. After Tulo, the Giants' Crawford might be the best young SS in the game today.

Then you've got Carl in LA.

This is just so disappointing. Thank god Gillaspie is solid this year. Davidsons still young enough. Hope he turns it around.

Can't wait to follow Micah at AAA.

So is Danish a AAA promotion candidate or will they take their time with him?

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 14, 2014 -> 10:15 PM)
This is just so disappointing. Thank god Gillaspie is solid this year. Davidsons still young enough. Hope he turns it around.

Danish is unlikely to be in AAA until late next year or early 2016.

Unless they push him up quickly as a reliever/closer, which is pretty unlikely at this juncture. They're going to give him all the time in the world to prove he can stick as a starter first.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 14, 2014 -> 11:15 PM)

Danish just got promoted to A+, I doubt he gets to AAA this year. I am sure he will stay at A+ for the rest of the year. They said he has a 100 IP limit

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2014 -> 08:51 PM)
He's been unable to string together good at bats since the first week of the season. For now, Gillaspie seems to be the 3B of the present and future for this organization.

People keep saying this about Gillaspie. I don't think someone with those R/L splits is in the future of anything other than a platoon at 3B.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 14, 2014 -> 09:35 PM)
It's getting confusing now. After Tulo, the Giants' Crawford might be the best young SS in the game today.

Then you've got Carl in LA.

Brandon Crawford is white (so no relation to Carl or JP), 27, and not that good. And Xander Bogaerts is a way, way better SS prospect and young player in the majors.

You make some off the wall posts, but this might be the most off the wall post you've ever made.