Reinsdorf is on Commish search committee

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 16, 2014 -> 09:54 AM)
I actually agree with Bush being a goof fit. Didn't like him as President, but like him as a person.

From a professional standpoint, he did own and operate a professional baseball franchise, and he did run the free worlds biggest country.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 16, 2014 -> 07:27 AM)
His approval rating for presidential years is 47 percent as of April 2013. Not as high as I thought but I imagine the liking of him outside that is significantly higher. Yes they are like backup qbs but that's alright. His politics don't really matter here with regards to commish and yeah probably belong in the filibuster.

Publicists that former presidents hire are good at their jobs, and are able to exploit an advantageous situation - the fact that negative media coverage has long since ceased, and they can retell the story of their presidency, whether it has any basis in fact, or not.

It will happen with Obama too.

QUOTE (jamesdiego @ May 16, 2014 -> 02:20 PM)
The only baseball league I'd want to see Bush in charge of, is a commissioner of a prison baseball league ....running it for his fellow convicts ;)

This would fit better in the 'Buster forum. I think if we are discussing Bush as commissioner it is fair to discuss how being an ex-President will help or hurt, but commenting on his career and legacy as President will lead us down a long and unproductive path that will see the thread closed. Again, I'm not saying that this discussion should be on Soxtalk, but it would fit better in the filibuster sub forum.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 16, 2014 -> 02:18 PM)
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 9m

Estimates heard today on number of votes of support Rob Manfred has to be next MLB Commish: 21/22. Needs 23. Strong favorite at this point.

He used to work for the Blue Jays, right? Or the Mariners? One of those two, I'm pretty sure.

With Alderson?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 16, 2014 -> 06:59 PM)
He used to work for the Blue Jays, right? Or the Mariners? One of those two, I'm pretty sure.

With Alderson?

Well, if he managed to avoid accidentally emailing out Alderson's credit card number, that's a positive for him.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ May 16, 2014 -> 12:55 PM)
Ebersol is probably the homerun hire in that group. He would be able to stand up to owners and actually lead while helping craft the game so that is more consumable to TV audiences. So he wont get it.

Ebersol lost a s*** ton of money for NBC on the Olympics, I don't know that he is even a singles hire, much less a homerun