AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!

southsider2k5

Oh, here I was about to congratulate Ventura for having the guts to take out Lindstrom in the middle of a save situation.

What happened to Matty Ice?

Looking at what happened, it's almost incredible to believe Downs and Petricka escaped that inning without being scored upon.

Don't forget the Konerko heroics!!! And Dayan's still hovering around the .300 mark.

Guerra or De Los Santos for the Lindstrom spot?

Hanson to replace Carroll?

No idea.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 19, 2014 -> 09:34 PM)
I think it's time to replace Carroll with Erik Johnson. He has a 3.38 ERA in 4 starts.

On paper, his stats look okay.

But the numbers are a bit misleading. And his velocity is still way down in the upper 80's for most of his fastballs.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 19, 2014 -> 10:34 PM)
Oh, here I was about to congratulate Ventura for having the guts to take out Lindstrom in the middle of a save situation.

No idea.

He hurt his foot fielding a bunt.

Guerra.

Erik Johnson.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 19, 2014 -> 10:35 PM)
On paper, his stats look okay.

But the numbers are a bit misleading. And his velocity is still way down in the upper 80's for most of his fastballs.

But Hanson (your suggestion) is 2-4, 4.60

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 19, 2014 -> 10:34 PM)

Looking at what happened, it's almost incredible to believe Downs and Petricka escaped that inning without being scored upon.

Don't forget the Konerko heroics!!! And Dayan's still hovering around the .300 mark.

No idea.

Lindstrom rolled his ankle on the mound trying to field a bunt it looked like.

Guerra isn't on 40 man. De Los Santos is.

Hanson isn't on 40 man either.

I don't know how many spots on the 40 man are available.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ May 19, 2014 -> 10:36 PM)
For those of us who missed it, what was the injury to Lindstrom?

did it happen on the Error in the ninth?

Does Sale take his place as Carroll goes to the bullpen?

Looked like he turned his ankle coming off the mound to field the bunt. Stone said he hopes it's not his Achilles. Time will tell.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 19, 2014 -> 10:39 PM)
Looked like he turned his ankle coming off the mound to field the bunt. Stone said he hopes it's not his Achilles. Time will tell.

If it is Achilles we will know pretty quick

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 19, 2014 -> 09:36 PM)
But Hanson (your suggestion) is 2-4, 4.60

I know that, but they have nothing to lose with him....he's a veteran MLB starter and placeholder.

The last thing you want to do is run Johnson out there against teams like the Yankees and have him get his brains beaten in.

Edited by caulfield12

Sale said the White Sox have to do something else to rid themselves of this rash of injuries. If they continue to occur the two-time All-Star might be open to hiring a witch doctor or sacrificing a live chicken, anything to rid the White Sox of this epidemic.

[RELATED - White Sox Chris Sale sore from start but elbow is fine]

“We have to disinfect the clubhouse,” said Sale, who is nearing a return. “We’re getting bit by the bug. Something’s going on. But you look around baseball and we’re doing a little better than most. You look around baseball — there’s freakish things happening around baseball for some reason, with pitchers and guys on field with obliques. Be thankful it’s not more.”

Dan Hayes, www.csnchicago.com

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 19, 2014 -> 10:49 PM)
Sale said the White Sox have to do something else to rid themselves of this rash of injuries. If they continue to occur the two-time All-Star might be open to hiring a witch doctor or sacrificing a live chicken, anything to rid the White Sox of this epidemic.

[RELATED - White Sox Chris Sale sore from start but elbow is fine]

“We have to disinfect the clubhouse,” said Sale, who is nearing a return. “We’re getting bit by the bug. Something’s going on. But you look around baseball and we’re doing a little better than most. You look around baseball — there’s freakish things happening around baseball for some reason, with pitchers and guys on field with obliques. Be thankful it’s not more.”

Dan Hayes, www.csnchicago.com

I wouldn't say we have it better than most. I think we're about on par with the rest of the league.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 19, 2014 -> 09:55 PM)
I wouldn't say we have it better than most. I think we're about on par with the rest of the league.

Up until the Floyd/Danks/Crain issues in the last couple of years, we had the best record with pitching for the last decade (in terms of days on the DL) of any team in baseball, and one of the top 2-3 overall in terms of times missed for all players.

Someone had the fangraphs.com article up about it recently, about this particular anomaly being one of our unique competitive advantages.

Edited by caulfield12

The pickoff by Petricka was huge, not to mention the home run by Paulie. After the bunt and the injury it certainly looked bleak. Royals fans are furious. They are blaming Yost for taking out Aoki for Dyson on the basepaths. I don't see how Yost can ever trust Dyson again after the blunder which definitely cost KC the game.

Great win. Definitely helps make up for some of the lousy losses Sox have had in Kauffman past few years.

Paulie's home run was pretty damn impressive. To center in a pitcher's park. He isn't finished yet. He has two home runs; Dunn six. Dunn has double the at bats. I won't be negative tonight, though. Great comeback win.

p.s. There's really no reason to pitch Carroll again. Got to try somebody else. He's not MLB caliber.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 19, 2014 -> 11:34 AM)
Tonight should be a blowout loss. Go to Vegas and bet KC and the over in a gift parlay. Royals' bats are allegedly heating up and we are pitching a AAA pitcher. That's just my opinion, obviously something could happen positive regarding Carroll.
greg, you are no longer my financial advisor. You have led me to financial ruin