Lindstrom to DL, Javy Guerra recalled

southsider2k5

Start the Charlotte watch... With the extra roster spot made by waiving Keppinger, the Sox don't have to recall a guy on the 40 man roster.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,1380449.story

Unfortunately for the Sox, closer Matt Lindstrom became the latest afflicted, leaving with an apparent foot or ankle injury in the ninth inning. The Sox didn't have details on his condition after the game, but Ventura said, "It didn't look good."

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 20, 2014 -> 08:58 AM)
This may be a good thing. Usually it takes multiple blown saves to remove a closer. Now we have an excuse without blowing all those.

Except who exactly are we going to put in his place?

I'd honestly trust Putnam right now more than Webb, who needs a bit more refinement but is coming along nicely.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 20, 2014 -> 09:58 AM)
This may be a good thing. Usually it takes multiple blown saves to remove a closer. Now we have an excuse without blowing all those.

Amen. Can't throw strike one to the leadoff hitter. Also can't retire the leadoff hitter. What is there to discuss with this guy lol

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 20, 2014 -> 10:20 AM)
Except who exactly are we going to put in his place?

I'd honestly trust Putnam right now more than Webb, who needs a bit more refinement but is coming along nicely.

Putnam Belisario and Petrika have all been elite out of the bullpen this year, so doesn't really matter. Webb is a better option too, probably.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 20, 2014 -> 09:41 AM)
Putnam Belisario and Petrika have all been elite out of the bullpen this year, so doesn't really matter. Webb is a better option too, probably.

Belisario was terrible and then he's been very solid. I really think Ventura would prefer to leave Putnam and him as the 7th/8th inning guys as that combination has worked quite well together the last 2-3 weeks.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 20, 2014 -> 10:54 AM)
Belisario was terrible and then he's been very solid. I really think Ventura would prefer to leave Putnam and him as the 7th/8th inning guys as that combination has worked quite well together the last 2-3 weeks.

He has been more than solid. He has been damn near unhittable for almost a month

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 20, 2014 -> 10:54 AM)

Belisario has a WHIP of 0.96 which is especially insane given his aforementioned rough start. If you believe the top reliever should be the closer, then it should probably be Belisario given what hes done this year and he's got a bit of a track record. I dont think you can go wrong with Putnam or Petrika either. That said it just shouldn't be Lindstrom, who is your 5th best righty in the pen.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 20, 2014 -> 12:12 PM)
Belisario has a WHIP of 0.96 which is especially insane given his aforementioned rough start. If you believe the top reliever should be the closer, then it should probably be Belisario given what hes done this year and he's got a bit of a track record. I dont think you can go wrong with Putnam or Petrika either. That said it just shouldn't be Lindstrom, who is your 5th best righty in the pen.

I think the Cooper led White Sox like the flexibility of being able to use Belisario at any point they need between the 6th and 9th innings. Putnam I think is the pseudo long man and early reliever. If I had to guess, I would say Petricka first, then Webb.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 20, 2014 -> 11:26 AM)
How did you even FIND that?

laulz

At any rate.... He earned it. Been dealing at AAA. We'll see how he does in the show. As a dodgers fan, I've seen him s*** his pants far too many times to expect anything different this time around.