5/21 Games

flavum

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 22, 2014 -> 04:21 PM)
Changing from CF to LF hasn't really helped DeAza's defense either, he actually seems to be worse in left than he was in CF last year, if that's possible.

No matter where you put him, he can't read the ball off the bat and tends to start off going in the wrong direction and usually struggles to recover from that point onward.

Viciedo played well in LF for most of 2012. He's shown that he's capable of doing it, at least.

Do you honestly think Viciedo is a better left-field defender than De Aza

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 22, 2014 -> 03:27 PM)
Do you honestly think Viciedo is a better left-field defender than De Aza

The 2012 version, compared to 2014 ADA, yes.

We can't discount how many bases are taken on DeAza versus those 3rd base coaches who have learned to respect Viciedo's arm.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ May 22, 2014 -> 09:25 PM)
Is there even the smallest chance the Sox decide to resign Beckham if he keeps it up and decide to have Micah spend the offseason getting adjusted to the outfield and put him in LF, with Viciedo at DH? That would insert a much needed LH bat into the lineup. But, between Johnson, Eaton, and Garcia that's not a very powerful outfield.

FWIW, I don't see this happening. More curious to see other peoples opinion as to if this would even be thought about by the higher ups in the organization.

I was going to start a thread in PHT about Beckham playing 2nd the next few years with the Sox and moving Johnson to LF. The only way I'd want the Sox to do this is if they're using all their resources on pitching. Theoretically, you could propose a lineup of all returning players with:

Eaton- 8

Beckham- 4

Abreu-3

Viciedo-0

Gillaspie-5

Garcia-9

Ramirez- 6

Flowers- 2

Johnson- 7

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2014 -> 03:31 PM)
I was going to start a thread in PHT about Beckham playing 2nd the next few years with the Sox and moving Johnson to LF. The only way I'd want the Sox to do this is if they're using all their resources on pitching. Theoretically, you could propose a lineup of all returning players with:

Eaton- 8

Beckham- 4

Abreu-3

Viciedo-0

Gillaspie-5

Garcia-9

Ramirez- 6

Flowers- 2

Johnson- 7

They're obviously not going to be able to fit Johnson, Beckham, Gillaspie, Davidson, Semien and Viciedo into one line-up.

The problem, of course, is that Semien and Davidson would get us exactly what via trade right now? So the ideal situation would seem to be if all six of those guys looked like viable options heading into the off-season, with Garcia's recovery on schedule.

Edited by caulfield12

Beckham will have to be much better than his normal self to be in consideration for next year's team. He hasn't done anything that makes me think he could outplay Semien in 2015 at this point

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 21, 2014 -> 09:28 PM)
It doesn't take much to be excited about a White Sox prospect these days. We would be downright giddy about Joe Borchard if he was doing what he was doing his first go around in AA.

Personally, even though it is too early, I think the guys with the ridiculous k rates, namely Hawkins and Davidson, aren't going to amount to much.but they still are 2 of our better hopes.

Well hopefully next spring training Steverson can work with Davidson on that.